Best Counter Service meals that can be shared

bucci818

Lover of All Things Disney!
My DH and I had weight loss surgery last year. We can't eat a whole lot of food (1/2c to 3/4c total). Trying to figure out where to eat during our up coming trip in October. We know that we will be sharing meals. So what are your favorite spots to eat that we can share a meal? This is taking a whole new mind set to plan this trip. So any info would be wonderful!!
Thanks!!

At Epcot, in Morocco, there's a counter service called Tangierine Cafe. We've shared the combo (chicken & lamb) shawarma platters before. Very tasty and tons of food. We ate there twice last trip!

Flame Tree BBQ has very large CS meals in AK,4 of us had lunch there and could have easily had 2 meals and not been hungry.

Another vote for the Tangerine Cafe in Morrocco. The Sharma Platter sis delcious.
Cosmic Rays in the MK has a roasted chicken meal that you can share and after 4 PM there is a chicken and ribs combo meal as well.

My daughter and I routinely split the Mongolian Beef at Sunshine Season in the Land - lots of food! Also, flat breads are pretty easy to split - we have done that at the Beach Club Marketplace but anywhere that has them would work. Also, Earl of Sandwich at DTD cuts their sandwiches in half so that makes them easy to share.

Yak & Yeti Counter Service has large portions and you can always add a spring roll or two

The breakfast platters at the food courts in the resorts and at Pizzafari are more than enough for two people.
Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD also has large, shareable portions.

Because of loading up at the works bar, DH & I split either a biggest Cheesburger & Fries or Taco Salad at Pecos Bills. They have freshly grilled sliced mushrooms on the bar also.

POR Create Your Own Pasta is more than enough for 2 people.

DH & I split the Turkey Sandwich & small bag of chips at Starring Rolls in DHS. Then we split a cupcake - oh yes!

Then of course, sometimes we skip a meal & get an ice cream waffle cone or sundae! We split a 2 dip at Ghiradellis with hot fudge on the side, or probably cheaper at Boardwalk Bakery (on DDP, Ghiradellis only allows 1 dip; BB gives 2 dips for 1 snack credit). Or, we split a 3 dip sundae at Pop Century food court - choices of syrups & toppings + whipped cream & cherries - 1 snack credit on DDP.

Lots of QS meals can be split - lots of food.

Bucci - I also have had weight loss surgery and know that any meal you two decide you would like you will be able to split and have plenty. Heck - you will probably have leftovers. I called Disney dining and was told if it is not a buffet - you can order off the kids menu. I will try this out in 3 weeks myself. My other plan is to order off the appetizer menu.

I think you could split just about anything. 1/2 cup of food is not much and any CS meal is probably at least 4 times that much food. I know DH and I each ordered a bacon cheeseburger combo at Backlot Express and it was enormous. I wish we split it. It was such a waste. WS at Epcot is probably an ideal place to find portions that work for you. I really like the dumplings in China and you get 3 so it's not like the serving size is overwhelming. This new Spice Table restaurant in Morocco advertises having small plates so you may find a reasonable serving size there. I know Flower and Garden is starting soon and they will have lots of snack stations with foods in smaller serving sizes.

ETA- I just saw you were going in Oct. I think the food and wine festival is around then. They also have stands with foods in smaller portions. It will be a great time for you to visit. You will probably have so many great choices you may want to read menus online so you can make your favourites a priority.

My fiance and I are light eaters and we can split basically any meal. We frequently do so we can eat at 2x the places! And it's cheaper.

My husband and I were able to split quick service meals for our entire trip. The tuna sandwich at Columbia Harbor House was good. We also liked the ribs combo at Flame Tree Barbeque.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter