• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Crowd Calendar?

Nybor

Earning My Ears
Hi,

Does anyone have a favorite/most accurate crowd calendar they recommend? I'm pretty sure we'll going to go in October 2020, but we're trying to figure out the best dates. My son's b-day is 10/9, but that's Columbus/Indigenous People's Day weekend, so that's likely out, so possibly later in the month. Thoughts on which crowd calendar is most accurate to help us decide on dates? It'll be me, my 7yo daughter, 4 (on 10/9) yo son, and my parents.

Thanks!

-Robyn

TouringPlans is decent but crowd calendars aren’t that useful anymore. It’s always busy now. When it’s not they cut hours and ride capacity.

Touring Plans’ calendar is excellent 4-6 months out when they are relying solely on their research and they aren’t trying to guess what SWGE crowds will be. 🙄

unfortunately they’ve stopped evaluating themselves on the accuracy of their calendar a year out and it shows; you can tell from their blog posts that they aren’t really putting eyeballs on the data-based calculations until ~6 months out.

that said all of the other ones are pretty much just guessing.

TouringPlans is decent but crowd calendars aren’t that useful anymore. It’s always busy now. When it’s not they cut hours and ride capacity.
I respectfully disagree with this. Touring Plans calendar is based solely on wait times, not crowds, so capacity changes are irrelevant to its accuracy.

I dont think any are accurate, but I do use Touring Plans when I rough out my trip. I need something as an outline for park days because I try to book my family meals 180 days out, and refuse to run hither and yon, park to park for meals. I do believe that none of the calendars ca paccuratly predict what the parks wil be that far in advance any more becuase Disney makes so many adjustments along the way that it is almost impossible to keep up.

Hi,

Does anyone have a favorite/most accurate crowd calendar they recommend? I'm pretty sure we'll going to go in October 2020, but we're trying to figure out the best dates. My son's b-day is 10/9, but that's Columbus/Indigenous People's Day weekend, so that's likely out, so possibly later in the month. Thoughts on which crowd calendar is most accurate to help us decide on dates? It'll be me, my 7yo daughter, 4 (on 10/9) yo son, and my parents.

Thanks!

-Robyn

Do not go Columbus weekend.

Any other weekend will be busy but manageable.

Do not go Columbus weekend.

Any other weekend will be busy but manageable.
Yes, In October you need a good plan The MK closes early several nights a week because of parties, leaving the remaining three days and nights very busy, and Epcot weekends are busy becuase of F&W.

They're all deceptive and misleading (intentionally, IMO) and have zero value. Don't bother.

Dont plan a trip based on crowd calendars. Learn to use fp and refresh and enjoy regardless of crowd levels

I always use Touring Plans to come up with workable touring plans-they never let me down. The crowd calendar doesn't make that much difference in wait times unless you are comparing a 2/3 level day to a 9/10. The predicted waits don't vary much between a 3 and a 6, a 4 and a 7 crowd level.

I don't have nearly as much as trip experience as many of the posters here, but I agree to not get too hung up on crowd calendars. With a good plan, you'll have a fantastic trip. Pick a time that works for your family, though maybe avoiding notoriously crazily busy days. :)

I also heard a tip to look at the 1-day Disney ticket prices as a guide for anticipated crowd levels. Looking at that, the last week of October looks to be a lower ticket price for October. We went during that week in 2017 and had a FANTASTIC time!! Weather wasn't unbearable and crowds were very manageable, even during times/places that felt a little too "people-y". ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter