• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best CRS (child restraining system) for 1 year old for Southwest Airlines flight?

kamcgrory

Mouseketeer
Looking for the best FAA approved child seat for my 16 month old grand-daughter. We will be flying Southwest, and need one that fits their seats, is light-weight, but yet comfortable. I realize she is young enough to be a lap baby, but figured she may not want to be held the whole flight. To possibly avoid a meltdown, and ruin other passengers flights, we decided to get a seat for her. Anyone have any good experiences with a certain brand/ model?

TIA!

It's very likely her own car seat may be FAA compliant. I'd go with that since it's what she is used to and if you need it while you are there you'll have it to use.

We specifically bought the Cosco Scenera from Walmart for flying on Southwest. It's super light weight and only between $40-$50. Her regular car seat is much too heavy and bulky to deal with in an airport and on a plane and this one is just as comfortable for our daughter who was about your granddaughter's age when we first used it.

Her regular car seat is super plush, and comfy. But, it is also extremely heavy, and looks to be too wide for the Southwest seats.

Her regular car seat is super plush, and comfy. But, it is also extremely heavy, and looks to be too wide for the Southwest seats.
another one saying to look at Cosco Scenera. you can always sell after you return or keep it in case of another grandchild coming at a later date

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter