Best days to do each park?

swankybeth

<font color=teal>Loves bubble tea!<br><font color=
We'll be at Disneyland from April 17-23. Our park days are Monday-Friday. We were thinking of doing DCA on Monday and Wednesday and DL on Tuesday and Thursday (early entry on Thu). Friday we would park hop and re-do favorites. Is this a good strategy or should we reverse the days? Thanks! :flower:

We originally planned the same sort of thinkg the first time we went when both parks were open! Didn't work out that way, though! We now do DL in the morning, eat lunch somewhere, and then go to CA ADV until the park closes, then back to DL. It's the best way we've found to avoid the worst crowds. You may want to try one morning at CA ADV, but usually the crowds there just aren't bad enough to worry about it! DL is much nicer in the mornings, and once the crowds get bad - just walk on over the other way. You may have to go back and forth to catch parades, etc. You will be able to see the Electric Parade at CA ADV, and then still make it to DL for the 2nd Fantasmic (if the schedule is for 2 Fantasmics). Have fun!

AFMom is right. Since Disneyland always opens before DCA, the crowds get started earlier. We always head over to DCA as soon as we feel like the crowds are too much, that time varies for different people. Sometimes if it is very hot we'll head to the hotel and swim. Then back to dinner in one of the parks and if its a weekend night we will see the Electrical Parade and then head over to see fireworks. Park hopping is so easy at Disneyland that you can do it multiple times in each day. Also, as much as I enjoy DCA, I am not sure you could find quite enough to do over there to spend two full days. Enjoy your trip, maybe a lot of spring breakers will be back at school and your visit won't be too crowded!

We're trying to figure out the same thing, OP. I hope you don't mind if I butt in and ask a couple questions about this too. LOL ;)

To AFMOM & Amy&Dan (or anyone else) How quickly does Bug's Land and the more popular rides like Soarin' and Screamin' get long lines? We were thinking of maybe doing our early entry day at Disneyland, then heading over at 10 am to DCA to avoid long lines at Bug's Land and a couple of the other rides before going to lunch and taking a rest break at the hotel, then coming back to DCA or DL in the afternoon. But if the lines seem pretty manageable all day, then maybe we won't worry about being there at opening.

If you get to DCA at opening, ride Soarin first. In fact that usually opens before the park officially does. So if DCA opens at 10:00 get there at 930 and you should be able to ride Soarin. Then head back and ride California Screamin. We can usually ride this a couple of times first thing in the morning. Then maybe get a fastpass for TOT and while you wait for that do Bugs Land, which is seldom crowded in my experience. Since all the popular rides at DCA have fastpass that really helps. One other note, the fastpass sytems at Disneyland and DCA are not linked. So if you are Disneyland in the morning and plan on returning later, be sure and grab a fastpass before you head over to DCA. Then you can use that Disneyland fastpass when you go back there later (anytime after the return time).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter