Best days to visit June 23-June 29

Mama_Cass

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone!

Planning a trip at the end of June for my daughter’s 16th! We’ve had a really rough 6 months with a lot of ups and downs (lost our 22 year old kitty, Bagheera, in September, had an amazing Christmas trip for my birthday (where we ended up sick most of the time but awesome otherwise lol), and then finally got a new kitten on February 3rd and spent a fortune treating her for FIP. She was in ICU for 10 days and we lost her on March 12th which was heartbreaking. Since we left with a massive bill for the kitten and no kitten we originally cancelled said trip as we spent the money intended for it on our kittens unsuccessful treatment, but we are grieving, we all need another win and we don’t always make the most responsible decisions when grieving…so obv this trip is especially important to make it a good one for all of us ❤️ It will also be our last trip for at least a year while we recover financially lol.

So first I’d like to know if any of the days would be best to go crowd wise. We are there for 7 full days and will have 5 day tickets. I’m not sure if there are any days better than others given that it’s summer but figured somebody here would know. We are definitely going on the 24th is that is her birthday.

We’ve been to Disneyland a lot, but also opened any suggestions to make the trip special. We’re going to do Goofy’s kitchen on her birthday because we all love that, but open to any other things that might add extra magic to our trip.

Hello everyone!

Planning a trip at the end of June for my daughter’s 16th! We’ve had a really rough 6 months with a lot of ups and downs (lost our 22 year old kitty, Bagheera, in September, had an amazing Christmas trip for my birthday (where we ended up sick most of the time but awesome otherwise lol), and then finally got a new kitten on February 3rd and spent a fortune treating her for FIP. She was in ICU for 10 days and we lost her on March 12th which was heartbreaking. Since we left with a massive bill for the kitten and no kitten we originally cancelled said trip as we spent the money intended for it on our kittens unsuccessful treatment, but we are grieving, we all need another win and we don’t always make the most responsible decisions when grieving…so obv this trip is especially important to make it a good one for all of us ❤️ It will also be our last trip for at least a year while we recover financially lol.

So first I’d like to know if any of the days would be best to go crowd wise. We are there for 7 full days and will have 5 day tickets. I’m not sure if there are any days better than others given that it’s summer but figured somebody here would know. We are definitely going on the 24th is that is her birthday.

We’ve been to Disneyland a lot, but also opened any suggestions to make the trip special. We’re going to do Goofy’s kitchen on her birthday because we all love that, but open to any other things that might add extra magic to our trip.
I say the same things to everyone who posts these questions. Choose dates with the most Magic Keys blocked out (at least the two lowest level passes), the highest single day ticket prices, and no special events. Saturdays are typically the best days of the week during the summer since the bottom 3 levels of passes are all blocked out.

I do believe, without looking, that there are some special events at DL in the second half of June. Grad Nights should be over by your dates though.

By the time you're going, the parks should be open 8-Midnight for DL and 8-10 for DCA every day (except for any special event closures). They should also be showing Fantasmic and fireworks nightly. They will also have a parade at DCA and DL daily, WOC twice nightly, and some other special events associated with Pixar Fest, which will be ongoing throughout June.

Enjoy!

Hello everyone!

First of all, I am so sorry for your recent losses. Huge virtual hugs to you all :grouphug:

I agree with the PP to pick the dates with the most magic key blackouts and also those that work best for you. It seems like it's always semi busy now.

For special add ons, have you done World of Color Dessert Party yet? It's pricey, but nice to have a dedicated seat for the show.

I love the idea of carrying on the Goofy's Kitchen tradition. Another character meal to consider would be the Napa Rose princess breakfast. Although it's even more pricey than World of Color Dessert Party! I haven't done it myself, but it looks very upscale (well, you would hope so for the price 😆).

A non expensive fun idea would be commemorating your visit with a silhouette on Main Street. Or maybe an embroidered hat or mouse ears (I think they may only do the cap style for ears).

I'm going June 18-24th! I know both Pride Nights and Grad Nights will be over by your dates. It also looks like half of the Magic Keys are also blocked out during both our trips so hopefully that works well with a bit lower crowds.

I second what someone said about the dessert party for World of Color. I went with a friend last year for the 1st time and it was so much fun. The food itself isn't amazing, its good....not great, but having the seats and just chilling with the beautiful view was fantastic. My husband and I are taking his daughter for her first DL trip (she's been to WDW a lot but never DL!) for her high school graduation and are doing the dessert party this trip again for sure! We also loved Breakfast with Minnie at Plaza Inn. Good food and so many characters without having to leave the park!

I'm so sorry about all of the challenges you have gone through.

For something a little fun and also FREE, you can go to the shop near/in Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and get "pixie dust" in your hair for free! We used to this when the girls were little, and the CMs in the shop usually made a big production out of it. This past summer, we took by DDs (16 and 18) and my nieces (same ages), and they all got the pixie dust! The girls convinced DH to get it also, which was hilarious!

I say the same things to everyone who posts these questions. Choose dates with the most Magic Keys blocked out (at least the two lowest level passes), the highest single day ticket prices, and no special events. Saturdays are typically the best days of the week during the summer since the bottom 3 levels of passes are all blocked out.

I do believe, without looking, that there are some special events at DL in the second half of June. Grad Nights should be over by your dates though.

By the time you're going, the parks should be open 8-Midnight for DL and 8-10 for DCA every day (except for any special event closures). They should also be showing Fantasmic and fireworks nightly. They will also have a parade at DCA and DL daily, WOC twice nightly, and some other special events associated with Pixar Fest, which will be ongoing throughout June.

Enjoy!
Thank you! I would have thought the opposite and we were avoiding the Saturday but sounds like it might be a day we definitely include!

First of all, I am so sorry for your recent losses. Huge virtual hugs to you all :grouphug:

I agree with the PP to pick the dates with the most magic key blackouts and also those that work best for you. It seems like it's always semi busy now.

For special add ons, have you done World of Color Dessert Party yet? It's pricey, but nice to have a dedicated seat for the show.

I love the idea of carrying on the Goofy's Kitchen tradition. Another character meal to consider would be the Napa Rose princess breakfast. Although it's even more pricey than World of Color Dessert Party! I haven't done it myself, but it looks very upscale (well, you would hope so for the price 😆).

A non expensive fun idea would be commemorating your visit with a silhouette on Main Street. Or maybe an embroidered hat or mouse ears (I think they may only do the cap style for ears).
Thank you. We thought our Christmas trip was our brightness after a loss and then the universe had other plans I guess 💔

We have never tried the dessert party so will be sure to look into that!

Adding a picture of our cutie who we lost last week. We saw her picture in a Facebook post and she was just the most gorgeous girl and she had the same name as my daughter, so we thought is this our sign? Checked the website for siblings and found a petite black cat (like my Bagheera was) with my name. Neither of us have super common names so we felt it was a sign! She had just turned 4 months when we lost her and was the reason our hearts started to heal. Thankfully we have the other girl from the same rescue who is a skittish feral but has been doing so well because she’s really helped us through this ❤️

Attachments

• IMG_8218.jpeg
    IMG_8218.jpeg
    58.4 KB · Views: 5

I'm going June 18-24th! I know both Pride Nights and Grad Nights will be over by your dates. It also looks like half of the Magic Keys are also blocked out during both our trips so hopefully that works well with a bit lower crowds.

I second what someone said about the dessert party for World of Color. I went with a friend last year for the 1st time and it was so much fun. The food itself isn't amazing, its good....not great, but having the seats and just chilling with the beautiful view was fantastic. My husband and I are taking his daughter for her first DL trip (she's been to WDW a lot but never DL!) for her high school graduation and are doing the dessert party this trip again for sure! We also loved Breakfast with Minnie at Plaza Inn. Good food and so many characters without having to leave the park!
I did see VidCon is there when we are but other than that looks pretty clear! Definitely going to check out the dessert party!

I'm so sorry about all of the challenges you have gone through.

For something a little fun and also FREE, you can go to the shop near/in Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and get "pixie dust" in your hair for free! We used to this when the girls were little, and the CMs in the shop usually made a big production out of it. This past summer, we took by DDs (16 and 18) and my nieces (same ages), and they all got the pixie dust! The girls convinced DH to get it also, which was hilarious!
Thank you ❤️

That is such a cute idea! I wonder if my husband can be convinced to join in lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter