• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Digital Cameras???

BamaTigger

DIS Veteran
Hi, Im shopping for a digital camera and would like some opinions on the best ones for about 300.00

Im a NIKON lover (I have a Nikon N65) now and am ready for a digital.

Thanks for any opinions! :wave:

This site has reviews on all digital cameras. You can narrow your search by clicking on either, what you plan on using the camera for, resolution, Price, or popularity with other users.

I'm new to Disbords and can't post urls. (replace :) with . )

imaging-resource :) com and click on dave's picks!

Enjoy!

I'm new to digital cameras, so remember that. I don't have a Nikon, but do love my camera. I have a Kodak p850 that I bought in June. I wanted the 12X zoom for my kids sports activities and other distance photography, but bought just in time to take it on a family vacation with extended family. I have not been at all disappointed in my camera. It is very user friendly, and as a novice I can easily find what I want to do in the menu and settings. I did not get the dock for charging and transferring pictures, but don't seem to be missing it at all. The only thing I've had to buy for it since the initial purchase of the camera and small memory card was a second memory card. I will be buying a second battery in anticipation of our upcoming Disney trip in June 2007, and probably more memory too!

I usually recommend Canon or Sony for point-and-shoot cameras and Canon or Nikon for SLR's.

BamaTigger said:
Hi, Im shopping for a digital camera and would like some opinions on the best ones for about 300.00

Im a NIKON lover (I have a Nikon N65) now and am ready for a digital.

Thanks for any opinions! :wave:

Since you have a N65, you could save a bit more cash and Buy a D50 that will use your existing lenses.

Beachcamera has them for about $500(no tax,Free ship).

The D50 takes excellent pictures and isn't to price for the body only, especially since you already have Nikon lenses. I used an N70 for years, then went digital with a Canon S30 p&s. I'm finally back with an SLR in the D50. Have had it for about 10 months now and love it (though I was playing around with a friends D80 last night and that is one SWEEET camera!! but its $999 body only, DOH!).

With the D50 I'm taking more pictures than I ever did in the past (sure it helps that I now have 3 children, but thats beside the point :teeth: ) and am once again loving photography.

handicap18 said:
(though I was playing around with a friends D80 last night and that is one SWEEET camera!! but its $999 body only, DOH!).

I took a few pictures with one in a local camera shop a couple of weeks ago. I have big lcd envy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter