Best Discount codes at FW

tarheelmjfan

Proud Redhead
On the Resorts board, there is a thread asking what code has gotten people the best discount. I would love to start this here. Everytime I hear of a new code coming out, I usually call and try, but never get a better rate. I am booked in May, Aug. and Nov. w/AP rate. I got a much better rate in Aug. for a preferred site than in May or Nov. for full hook-up (no preferred left). I've called back a couple times for preferred site, but still no luck.:(
I keep hoping for a better dis. for these 2 trips. Also, does anyone know if the rates go down after Thanksgiving weekend. If they do, I was thinking I may call back a make 2 seperate ressies.
I'm hoping you'll all share your great rate secrets with us! :)

Just a reminder - we love it when people share rates & specials with us - but please don't post any discount "codes" here. Here is a link to our posting guidelines, which talk about codes:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm

We do have our very own discount codes page right here on the DIS! Go here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=146213

And, if you find a good discount code, please email it to webmasterbob@wdwinfo.com so it can be added to our discount code page!

Thanks very much! :D

Sorry Rhonda,
I guess what I was thinking and what I typed didn't come out the same. I was thinking on the lines of:
A new code just came out recently and I got a great rate! For example: $35.00 for preferred side middle of May. It beat my AP rate! Or: I just called a little while ago and got a great rate for June that I had been told was unavailable 3 previous calls. I wasn't referring to a specific code. I always check out the discounts page, but am tiring of calling every time anything new comes out just to be told "no there is no better rate than what you have." It would be great to know what another's experience was with getting a better rate, and if they didn't mind even give the rate for their dates. That way we DIS readers would know it was time to call back to try to get that better rate. :) I was thinking along the lines of pooling our resources, rather than everyone having to call every few weeks. Also, when I do see special rates listed in the newspaper or on other sites (even Disneys) they give the discounted rates for value, moderate, and deluxe, never for the campsites. I was just hoping to find out what that discounted rate was without having to call everytime only to be told "no". It can become discouraging. :(
I hope what I'm trying to say this time makes sense.

Sorry, didn't mean to break the rules, or appear to anyway! :)

I've changed my "code" on this ressie at least five times in the last two months, but right now we're staying at a full hookup from Aug 4-15 (start of value season) using the code that was in all the newspapers last Sunday (which is also on mousesavers. com site), for $26/night including tax. I had this same exact rate with the new Disney Club code, but the deposit/cancellation policy was not as generous. I'm thrilled at the price, especially since we've just bought our first new-to-us class C motorhome. Watch out Ft. Wilderness, here we come!
Terri the Yoopermom

tarheelmjfan: I knew what you meant! :D I was just putting out a friendly reminder for everyone else who may not be aware of the rules.

Thanks for posting this - it's a great idea! :bounce:

Terri, congrats on your RV purchase. We purchased our "new to us" Class C motorhome in July 2000 and of course have become addicted. Next to FW (of course), the State Parks are our favs. We can't seem to force ourselves to go more than a month at a time without hitting the road. And of course, we always have to tell our RV how much we missed it while we were away. :) You don't mention where you're from, but if you're anywhere near Fl. we have some great SP's.

I'll list my rates to let you guys compare! Please, let me know if you think I can do better. All my rates are AP rates.
May 3rd-5th $45.84 w/tax for Full Hookup (no preferred avail.)
Aug. 9th-11th $36.52 w/tax for Preferred
Nov. 27th-Dec. 5th $43.29 w/tax for Full Hookup (also, no preferred avail.)

Also, as I mentioned earlier, if anyone has any experience with the Thanksgiving Holiday, please give me any input on whether you think I could get a better discount by booking 2 sep. ressies rather booking all my days on 1.

Thanks, and Happy Camping!!!!!

tarheelmjfan

I just looked at our ressies. We will be there November 24-December 6 and our rate with DC discount for full hookup site is $34.71. Don't know if you have the card. I know I couldn't get the DC discount my first 2 trys, but we all know persistance pays. Not only were we able to call and get our site, but my sister was able to book 3 more. :D

First of all, let me appologize because I was one of those that posted a code. (it's been removed) I wasn't aware of the policy. Sorry!

We'll be taking our new trailer to Ft Wilderness for the first time in July. We stayed in the cabins in '99 and payed the full DC discount rate. We had no idea that we could get a discount with a code. Pretty embarrassing since my dh went every year with his family from the time it opened until '82.

Anyway, we'll be staying in a preferred site July 22-July 30 for a rate of %56.61/night including the 11% tax. This rate has a cancelation policy 5 days ahead of time.

I hope that this is the best rate out there;)

I wanted to thank everyone for all of the great info.

Diane

I just called CRO, because I now know there is a better rate out there for Nov. thanks to We4mickey!:) This is why I wanted to start this thread, to know when to call. I was told DC dis. is gone for that time, but to keep an eye out, because when it gets closer to time, there will probably be AP and FL res. discounts out that will be better than I have. Still no preferred sites avail. though! :( Looks like there's hope for me yet.:D

daughtersrus,
Sounds to me like you have a great rate for that time of year!

tarheelmjfan, I knew what you meant ~ and I'm not even the shapest knife in the drawer! LOL! We saved about 25% total off of our April 2002 trip across the board thru DISer's and great advise! You started a great thread! Sandra

Diane, you got a great rate for July! We just got reservations for July using a code from Mousesavers, and the best we could do for a preferred was $61 a night, tax included.

Our rate for May/June is $45.80 a night for full hook-up, and the reservations for November are the best at $34.61 for full hook-up.

It shames me to think of all the years we just called and paid whatever they said the rate was. Who knew there were so many tricks involved?

44 days to go

daughtersrus: FYI - I sent you a PM when I had to delete your code, but you haven't read it yet. As an FYI to everyone - you can send/receive private messages (PMs) by going to the top of your screen and hitting "user cp" and going to private messages. It's very cool! :D

tarheelmjfan

Keep trying. It took me several calls to get the discount. The day I finally got it I had called 3 times in an hour period. Each time I got a little different answer. Be persistant.

Does anyone know why there is such a discrepantcy in the pricing through CRO? It has always been that way...call one hour, you get a price, call the next, you get another! It gets so frustrating, you never know when you're getting the best deal.

lisakordes, the AP rates will not come out until about 3 monthes ahead of time. So it is a little too early for you, and us too. We are going in Nov. You can get a Disney Club discout now, but the codes do not go out that far yet either. There is always hope though!:D

You should book now though, and add your discount later when it comes out. :D

I am confused about who to book with, Dis Club? or CRO? DC has a better rate now but can I apply an AP rate to that if they come out, or would I need to cancel and make a new ressie? Thanks for the advise!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter