• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Disney Breakfast Buffet Recommendation?

shawnriv

Mouseketeer
Hey Everyone!

My fiance and I will be heading down to Disney in June and will have an extra one credit for dining. Instead of booking a signature, we were looking to explore a breakfast option instead (2 sit-downs in one day). We'll be staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge and have heard good things about Boma's breakfast buffet. We would normally be all for it, but the day we plan on doing breakfast we would have eaten at Tusker House the night before and don't want African type cuisine twice in a row - call us crazy, I know. Are there any other breakfast buffets you recommend on Disney property? We also had the idea of doing a late breakfast so we can treat it as lunch and maybe enjoy some of the buffets lunch options as well. Thanks!

Curious as to what others will say, but enjoyed Captains Grill, and menu is option there too. I want to try The Wave as others have said good things and think I will include that this time.

Cape May Cafe at BC is one of our favorites. Food was really good with lots of variety.

I never thought of Cape May. I've eaten there for dinner multiple times and have always enjoyed it. Do you know if the majority of breakfast buffets have roughly the same variety or do they differ depending on the restaurant?

If you'd prefer a character experience, I'd say maybe try a later breakfast seating at 'Ohana (Lilo & Stitch! Can't beat that! plus you don't have to get up and down for food, it comes to you!) or maybe a later seating at Crystal Palace (Though, you could do a PPO and get there nice and early for the treat of a little empty Magic Kingdom!).

Another thought is Crystal Palace lunch if you can't get Breakfast. My #1 choice would be late breakfast at Cape May. Wave gets good reviews or even Whispering Canyon all you can eat skillet.

Kae

1900 Park Fare at the GF is really good. My family, and my husband and I alone enjoy this buffet. Second only to Tusker House. :)

Not real buffet but how about Wilderness Canyon Cafe skillet. No characters but plenty of shenanigans.

Boma breakfast is barely African. They have all the standards - bacon, sausage, waffles, pancakes, omelette station, etc.

Most importantly, the french toast bread pudding with pecan praline sauce is fantastic and I would go again just for that.

Not real buffet but how about Wilderness Canyon Cafe skillet. No characters but plenty of shenanigans.
I second this. Ate there last trip and the food was wonderful, service fantastic and fun. You can also order alacarte if you want. (side note go for the pulled pork eggs benedict, if anyone does go alacarte..WOW)

I just ate Boma's breakfast in September and it was wonderful. There were options that were African, but there were more typical breakfast options offered than anything. I ate like..three helpings of the french toast bread pudding. So I wouldn't let two similar meals in a row put you off. They're totally different from breakfast and dinner. (And like someone else said, I would go JUST for that bread pudding. It was SO GOOD.)

I've also heard great things about Crystal Palace, 'Ohana, and The Wave. I'd say The Wave's easiest to get into. Ohana is typical eggs, waffles, etc, fare. Crystal Palace has the benefit of Winnie the Pooh characters. But seriously, Boma was incredible. I'd go several days if I could force myself to give up other reservations. (But I can't. I want to eat all of the things everywhere.)

We have always had good food at Captains Grill, which is also nice because you can choose between the buffet or menu items to order. For a character breakfast DH and I enjoy the food at Crystal Palace.

1900 Park Fare at the GF is really good. My family, and my husband and I alone enjoy this buffet. Second only to Tusker House. :)

Oh yeah! Forgot about this one. Really liked it, good variety and tasty food. so much fun with the Mad hatter and Alice embarrassing my teenage son!

Went with grandsons for their first trip in November. We tried a lot of buffets. They were very similar, but I wasn't impressed with Tusker House. I wasn't thrilled with the food or the variety, despite hearing others say how much they like it. We have always really liked the 1900 Park Faire at the GF, even though we were not doing it this past trip. I was pleasantly surprised with Hollywood and Vine. Chef Mickey's was good, but very busy. We also ate at the Crystal Palace, and that was fine as well. As I said, we were most interested in character interaction with the grandsons. If you are looking for fine dining, skip the character buffets. As for other buffets, we also enjoyed Boma and Cape May in past trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter