• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Disney Breakfast Buffet Recommendation?

Boma, Cape May, and CP are our favorite breakfast buffets as well as Trail's End at FW.

First, Boma is great. Even with two African themed restaurants the differences between dinner and breakfast are pretty big and you won't feel like you are duplicating. That said if you really don't want to stick to Boma, we love The Wave. Its smaller than the other buffets, but what they do they do outstandingly.

Boma breakfast is barely African. They have all the standards - bacon, sausage, waffles, pancakes, omelette station, etc.

Most importantly, the french toast bread pudding with pecan praline sauce is fantastic and I would go again just for that.
That is very, very true. I may have to give in and go with my first instincts to have Boma for breakfast. I've never used a dining credit for breakfast so I'm interested to see.

Another vote for Cape May Cafe! We love this place for breakfast and dinner but breakfast is really great. The crepe station is my favorite. We also really enjoy Crystal Palace.

I've read nothing but great reviews of the Wave breakfast. That is on my list to try in the future.

Boma breakfast is barely African. They have all the standards - bacon, sausage, waffles, pancakes, omelette station, etc.

Most importantly, the french toast bread pudding with pecan praline sauce is fantastic and I would go again just for that.
Ditto on the french toast bread pudding. Heaven on a plate.

We enjoyed the Boma breakfast buffet the most; however, we've only done Boma, Crystal Palace and Akershus because we usually don't get to the parks that early. Luckily, Boma was right there at AK on our check out morning and they let us check in at the tail end of breakfast, otherwise we probably would have never experienced this gem.

Garden Grill (family style) and the Wave (buffet) breakfasts sound delicious and I hope to add them into our plans this next trip if I can get everyone going that early.

Yes that french toast bread pudding is to die for!
If you're staying at akl I think Boma is the best choice. If it's a down day pick the latest ressie. Nice and relaxing while the restaurant is clearing out a bit. At least it was for us anyways.

Yes that french toast bread pudding is to die for!
If you're staying at akl I think Boma is the best choice. If it's a down day pick the latest ressie. Nice and relaxing while the restaurant is clearing out a bit. At least it was for us anyways.

It looks like Boma will be our choice; super excited! I thought about grabbing the last reservation spot but worry I may be rushed by cast members or the food won't be as fresh. What are your experiences?

Exactly! It was so good we ate there twice on our last trip just to get the bread pudding. They have SO much on that buffet. You'll be missing out on what's right under your nose.

Cape May if you're planning an Epcot day
Ohana if you love Stitch as much as my 11 yo
1900 if you're having an MK day and like strawberry soup!

We tend to do character breakfasts so can really only comment on those.

My pick would be 1900 Park Fare - I have a huge sweet tooth and they have a ton of sweet options (you can also get omelettes and other savoury items). I think my second choice would be Crystal Palace as I love the puffed French toast there. We used to like Chef Mickey's but they've changed a bunch of the menu items so I find myself not loving it (it's also more expensive than the other buffets which doesn't seem justified to me). Tusker House is another one that's just kind of meh to me - I also find their food incredibly salty. We've been to Boma once and, while the bread pudding was good, I don't like pecans so I didn't get to try the sauce. We also had very poor service so I think that tainted our experience so I doubt we'll go back. Besides, other breakfast buffets have bread pudding too (including my beloved 1900 Park Fare).

It looks like Boma will be our choice; super excited! I thought about grabbing the last reservation spot but worry I may be rushed by cast members or the food won't be as fresh. What are your experiences?
We usually book a late breakfast on departure day and have never felt rushed. Since Boma is not open for lunch, it's not like there is a push to turn things over. We always have a leisurely meal and leave filled up to the point that we skip lunch during traveling. And the food has always been fresh, even with the later dining time.

I'm surprised only a couple of people have mentioned Trail's End. Best Breakfast Buffet I had at the world.

Stop what you're doing right now OP and make a reservation for the Wave over at the Contemporary. Nothing else on property comes anywhere close. You won't regret it!

Stop what you're doing right now OP and make a reservation for the Wave over at the Contemporary. Nothing else on property comes anywhere close. You won't regret it!
I agree - The Wave - The Wave - The Wave!!!

I'm surprised only a couple of people have mentioned Trail's End. Best Breakfast Buffet I had at the world.

THIS! Trail's End all the way. Or, if you're looking for in-park or character, Crystal Palace breakfast. But Trail's End is my absolute favorite.

Do any character breakfasts feature Jessica Rabbit??

That's the only character that would get me up for breakfast.

MG

We have 3 we really like, The Wave, Trails End and Boma.
The Wave is very fresh, the chefs do a great job of keeping it that way. Its mostly sustainable foods, and very tasty IMO. A hidden gem!
Trails End is very good, and still a bit of a secret after all these yrs, I think mainly because its a little bit to navigate getting there, but worth it!
Boma is just flat out tasty, and having an adventurous palette helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter