Best Disney hotels for less walking

KJTex

Mouseketeer
My mom does not like to walk far. I know that when we stayed at POFQ many years ago, my mom was able to park her car very close to her room, so she did not have to walk far. If she does not want to walk too much at hotel, what are the best hotels to choose? Which ones should I avoid?

I think Valet at any of the Deluxe resorts would be good! :)
The Disney Swan and Dolphin have parking very close to the hotel. Try looking at Google maps satellite view and you can see where parking is in relationship to the buildings.

Many hotels are going to be dependent on the room you get.

Stay at Wilderness and drop her off at the front door. Everything's pretty compact once you're inside, and bus loop is reasonably close. The dock is a bit of a hike if you're boating to MK, though.

The new Gran Destino Tower at Coronado Springs is very compact. Super quick elevators. Parking right in front. Bus stop in front too. Since it’s a tower, it’s not spread out like some of the deluxes where your room can be quite far from entrance (looking at you AKL).

I guess it depends what you plan to do while there and which parks you plan to visit. Disney involves a LOT of walking, so not sure any one resort is going to lessen the amount of walking you do while at the park(s). Even if you valet park at the hotel, there is still a good bit of walking just to get to your room from the front entrance since they are so large.

My mother has this same complaint. She prefers CR tower out of all the resorts. (she also prefers MK) I agree and would add POFQ as being a resort with 'less walking'. I really like that it's compact no matter what room you get. As another example, my mother did not like Poly because of the way the buildings are laid out. Too much walking for her.

I would especially avoid CBR and CS if not in the tower. CS made my husband crazy with the walking (and buses) and I paid for a preferred room.

I think Valet at any of the Deluxe resorts would be good! :)
The Disney Swan and Dolphin have parking very close to the hotel. Try looking at Google maps satellite view and you can see where parking is in relationship to the buildings.

Many hotels are going to be dependent on the room you get.
Has valet parking returned to the resorts yet? I know it's a great service that had been discontinued - hope they bring it back.

Has valet parking returned to the resorts yet? I know it's a great service that had been discontinued - hope they bring it back.
Ah good point didn't think of that :worship:
I never drive or rent a car for our trips to Disney, its one of the few places where I don't have to drive at all and I love it!

try the disney vacation club resorts

But AKV and BWV are known for having very long hallways. I think at AKV Kidani Village you might be able to park under the building near an elevator which would take you to your room, but not at AKV Jambo House. People also complain that BCV has long hallways.

We never have a car, but we prefer Pop over some of the other hotels we have stayed at because of less walking. We get a preferred room that is close to dining and transportation. We also take the money we save not going Deluxe or Moderate for Lyft a lot of times vs busses.

Staying at Gran Destino Tower later this year to see how walking is there.

Here you can see light green is roads and also all the small parking areas directly at the doors of the villas. Very convenient.

If parking near the room is the priority, I agree that some of the DVC rooms are your best bet - if that's an option for you. You can park right by your room at OKW, SSR, and AKV Kidani. You can also request a room near the elevator or ground floor if that might help, as well. But if OKW is a possibility for you, remember that most of their buildings do not have elevators, so stairs might be involved in the calculation. Never easy, is it?

But AKV and BWV are known for having very long hallways. I think at AKV Kidani Village you might be able to park under the building near an elevator which would take you to your room, but not at AKV Jambo House. People also complain that BCV has long hallways.
The one time we stayed at AKV, I had to ask the front desk if we could move closer to the main lobby because our room was at the very end. It is a LONG walk!

Gran Destino Tower at Coronado Springs may be a good option. The parking lot at the front of the resort is a close walk to the tower, the tower has its own bus stop, and El Centro and the pool are relatively close.

If the concern is the walk from the car in the parking lot to the room, then moderate resorts would be the only ones where you can park in somewhat close proximity to the building you're in. Deluxe also offers valet, which would make for an easy walk. If the concern is walking in general, including around the resort, then I'd say Caribbean Beach and Saratoga Springs would be among the largest, though they each have internal bus systems which may be beneficial for her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter