Best Disney partner hotels on a budget for a solo trip?

OP95

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone

I am planning to do a solo trip in the beginning of November this year. I am in two minds of staying at Universal instead as i have been to Disney recently and found the prices a bit too much. The only thing that is putting me off at Universal is of course the cost inconvenience of travelling to the Disney parks. what would be the best option here? Looking for good partner hotels around the Disney springs area as a half way point but with transportation to the parks. My budget for just a hotel only would be around $200-$200 a night max for 13 nights. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! to you as well.

We are staying one night at the Holiday Inn Express at Springs next week. Let me know if you have specific questions. I'll let you know if there's anything "wrong" with it.

Happy New Year! to you as well.

We are staying one night at the Holiday Inn Express at Springs next week. Let me know if you have specific questions. I'll let you know if there's anything "wrong" with it.
it looks like a nice place, with decent rates and very convenient to WDW.. It will be nice to hear what you think of it.

it looks like a nice place, with decent rates and very convenient to WDW.. It will be nice to hear what you think of it.
As one of the original hotels you'll find that some things look dated. On the other hand, there wasn't a spot on our wall or carpet, and the furniture was in very good shape.

Possible negatives: The pool is undergoing a major refurb, the carpets were being cleaned, the back side is right up against I-4, and I don't think it is practical to walk to Disney Springs due to crossing a busy street. I image they have transportation since they do offer transportation to the parks.

The biggest surprise is that they don't have the traditional Holiday Inn Express free breakfast bar. The breakfast they do have was filling. It is counter-service style, so potentially there could be a backup, but they did seem to be efficient.

I don’t bother with Disney resorts these days unless they’re deluxe since they’ve taken away free parking and EMH from the values and moderates. I stayed at this place called Mi Casa for a two-night stay we did last week to hop on Splash Mountain one last time. It was inexpensive and comfortably slept 5 people, free breakfast and a tiki bar. Nothing too fancy, but I’ve paid the same amount to stay at what looked like a crack head hotel in Kissime. There’s a lot of variation in the quality of those cheaper hotels and the pictures always make them look nice, you want to do a little digging before booking any cheap hotel in Orlando.

I don’t bother with Disney resorts these days unless they’re deluxe since they’ve taken away free parking and EMH from the values and moderates. I stayed at this place called Mi Casa for a two-night stay we did last week to hop on Splash Mountain one last time. It was inexpensive and comfortably slept 5 people, free breakfast and a tiki bar. Nothing too fancy, but I’ve paid the same amount to stay at what looked like a crack head hotel in Kissime. There’s a lot of variation in the quality of those cheaper hotels and the pictures always make them look nice, you want to do a little digging before booking any cheap hotel in Orlando.
Disney just brought back free resort parking for onsite stays this week.

OP, have you looked at the Drury Inn at DS. They’re also one near universal too. Don’t know about shuttles, but they do have free breakfast and evening 530 kickback with food and 3 free alcoholic drinks each night. The offering in the evening gets a bit repetitive I would not to eat there 13 days straight but you could save on dining a couple of times.

Disney just brought back free resort parking for onsite stays this week.

OP, have you looked at the Drury Inn at DS. They’re also one near universal too. Don’t know about shuttles, but they do have free breakfast and evening 530 kickback with food and 3 free alcoholic drinks each night. The offering in the evening gets a bit repetitive I would not to eat there 13 days straight but you could save on dining a couple of times.
I didn’t know about the free parking, good to know! Sorry for spreading fake news 🤓

Hi everyone

I am planning to do a solo trip in the beginning of November this year. I am in two minds of staying at Universal instead as i have been to Disney recently and found the prices a bit too much. The only thing that is putting me off at Universal is of course the cost inconvenience of travelling to the Disney parks. what would be the best option here? Looking for good partner hotels around the Disney springs area as a half way point but with transportation to the parks. My budget for just a hotel only would be around $200-$200 a night max for 13 nights. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Happy New Year!
Are you saying you are going to BOTH Disney and Universal parks?
If so how many days at each park wise, would impact where I would stay.
Are you saying you will not have a car therefore relying on shuttle or ride share or taxi?
So your maximum budget for hotel all in is $200 a night?

You mention Disney partner ~ at the lowest level with the most hotels that would be Good Neighbor Hotels. NO Disney perks but they meet certain standards (AAA approved), one of which is some kind of transportation. They are widely scattered but to do both parks I'd focus on Palm Parkway options.

Disney Springs gives you shuttle to Disney parks, not Universal. To get shuttles both ways you need to stay offsite and more between. But those shuttles are very limited, some need reservations and charge fees - so using rideshare might be a better option.

First decision for me is how many days at each park and which area to stay benefits me most. If Disney, Disney Springs hotels gives free shuttles and you'd only pay to get to Universal. I would look at the Drury Inn, new tower, old tower renovated, whole hotel renovated. Free Breakfast, Free Evening Reception (both give you savings) and shuttle to Disney parks.

Also price out the Disney Value resorts. You should be able to come in under budget, would have Disney transportation all over property and only need to pay for a ride to Universal.

As one of the original hotels you'll find that some things look dated. On the other hand, there wasn't a spot on our wall or carpet, and the furniture was in very good shape.

Possible negatives: The pool is undergoing a major refurb, the carpets were being cleaned, the back side is right up against I-4, and I don't think it is practical to walk to Disney Springs due to crossing a busy street. I image they have transportation since they do offer transportation to the parks.

The biggest surprise is that they don't have the traditional Holiday Inn Express free breakfast bar. The breakfast they do have was filling. It is counter-service style, so potentially there could be a backup, but they did seem to be efficient.
Are you referring to the HI on Hotel BLVD? That is an easy walk to the Springs- and there is a lovely and easy bridge going over the road to get to it.... I wasn't aware they had any sort of free breakfast here either.... OP, I think any of the hotels there near Springs are a good option, an easy walk, and they all have shuttles to parks. Also can usually find discounts at most of them

I recently stayed at Universals Value Resorts (Dockside Inn ) and was amazed that I liked them so much. For some reason their food courts offer excellent variety and their shuttle service provided by Mears is very convenient and fast ! (actually owned & operated by a Hotel Corporation , Loews , and not a Disney property is the answer )
The location provides easy access to Interstate to get to WDW. I’m not familiar with Uber / Lyft but convenience factor to the interstate might help with pricing and speed for service.

If you choose to stay closer to Disney property and want to visit Universal hint:
Drop off at the Hard Rock Hotel for easiest walk thru security and close to Universal Studios entrance . Keep that a secret

Last edited:
Are you referring to the HI on Hotel BLVD? That is an easy walk to the Springs- and there is a lovely and easy bridge going over the road to get to it.... I wasn't aware they had any sort of free breakfast here either.... OP, I think any of the hotels there near Springs are a good option, an easy walk, and they all have shuttles to parks. Also can usually find discounts at most of them

I see now that there is a walking path on both sides. Depending on weather and how your feet are feeling I'm not sure I would call it easy, but certainly doable. It is a hike to the other end of Springs if that is your destination.

I see now that there is a walking path on both sides. Depending on weather and how your feet are feeling I'm not sure I would call it easy, but certainly doable. It is a hike to the other end of Springs if that is your destination.
Non-Disney buses drop off at the other end of DS, specifically on the west side near Cirque

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter