Best DVC Resort around Christmas Time

Best Christmas Time Resort

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nikkimouse44

Mouseketeer
What is the best resort to stay at during December?! We have our home resort already booked, but if any other resort opens for our date during our 7 month window - we would be open to switching and I would love to get feedback on the best resorts!

We would be booking 3 studios and they would need to fit under 100 points per room for 6 nights (check in sunday - check out satuday)

Our home resort is Saratoga and we are resale so Riv is out due to restrictions

Wilderness Lodge and Grand Floridian are probably the two most popular resorts at Christmas - for good reason. Of course GF is out due to your point constraints. I chose Copper Creek, but it's our home resort and our favorite any time so I'm biased. Boulder Ridge would honestly probably be even better if you get lucky and can grab one. It was just renovated and the studios are a bit larger. But any WL room at Christmas is tough get unless you own there.

AK is also lovely at Christmas, but if you're wanting the giant tree and holiday atmosphere you'll want Jambo which can be a tough get at 7 months. I'm not too familiar with Boardwalk at Christmas, but the Beach Club gingerbread carousel is delightful. But as you pointed out, grabbing a studio at 7 months is hard any time of year, even more so at Christmas. One idea on BC - we usually plan one night when we are at Epcot to leave out of the International Gateway and walk over to BC/YC to see the decorations. Then we grab a ride share back to WL.

Good luck!

I found availability at CCV and BRV during Christmas week but only in a 1 BR. Studios are virtually impossible unless maybe you waitlist or stalk. I chose CCV over BRV this time around because I wanted to be closer to the WL lobby and I wasn't disappointed. Next time I'll give BRV a go. I also stayed at BWV which may not be as Christmassy compared to WL but the proximity to EP and holiday events there should not be dismissed lightly. I always felt AKL/AKV to be as festive as WL. The lobby is just stunning during the holidays.

Last edited:
Boulder Ridge by a landslide in my opinion…VGF lobby is fun to visit but it’s just too hectic and noisy - that’s why I prefer the BR side to CCV at WL - all the hustle and bustle of the season when I go to the main lobby but then I can get that homey and Christmassy feeling while chilling in the BR lobby - just going over that little walkway from WL main building to BR says ‘Welcome Home’ and ‘Merry Christmas’…

Villas at Grand Californian - Gorgeous tree and lobby and yes we have awesome gingerbread houses on the west coast too :-). And where else can go on a water ride, get soaking wet and then be back in your room warming up in 5 mins?
Buuuut... if we're only talking with the almost as awesome non-DLR properties... Boulder Ridge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter