Best DVC resort to get McRib?

In 20 years of owning DVC, this is the strangest location request I have ever heard. But yes, AKV is the closest.

Just use Google maps for Mc Donalds and Disney to see options.

I am pretty sure you can get Uber delivery if this is a critical issue for you and stay anywhere.

As others have mentioned AKL has 2 close by. One is by the all stars the other when you leave AKL make a right at the light directly outside the gate and follow the long straight road stay to the left when you see the sort of fork and it is on the corner. I would personally check to see if they have the McRib as all may not serve it same in the past. You can also Check Orlando airport buy a few and put them in the fridge. Bring a small soft side bag ask for a cup of ice 🤷‍♂️. Lastly whike I do like the McRib go to Flame tree and get some real ribs while at Disney 😂.

I don't understand why does it being close matter? Do not walk down the road at WDW.

Order delivery or get an uber/lyft or get it at the airport. Might be too late it looks like though and you might have been there last week.

McRib acquired.

I chose the Vineland Ave location as it was closest to DSSR resort at 2.2 miles even though it only had a 28% approval rating. It took me 13 minutes to get there by car. I would NOT recommend staying at DSSR if staying at a resort that is in close proximity to McDonalds/McRib is important to you. AKL is better as others have pointed out.

I arrived at 10:45 and they were not yet selling the McRib. Due to the long journey, the battery of my car was depleted. Thankfully there is a Supercharger nearby. I left to charge my car for 10 minutes and arrived back at McDonald’s at 11:10.

I placed my order at the self service kiosk and received order number 1003. It took 3 minutes to receive my McRib.

As you can see from the photo it looks great. I always like to guess how many pickles I will get. I lifted the top bun and saw zero onions and zero pickle, which was very disconcerting. However, I noticed that the pickles and onions were adjacent the bottom bun, which I felt was an interesting choice and commend the cook for thinking outside the box. I received two pickles, which made me happy. There were approximately 30 onion slices about 0.5 inches in average length.

The bun was quite soft. I couldn’t measure the modulus of elasticity, however. The sauce was nice and thick, with a viscosity of about 15,879 SSU at 69 degrees F.

The sauce had a good smoky flavor but not overwhelming. The shape of the ribs conformed quite nicely to actual ribs. The meat had a wonderfully pleasant texture.

There was no pixie dust, unfortunately.

In other notes, the McDonalds is next door to a helipad where you can get helicopter tours. A McRib would be a nice pre- or post-tour snack. I wouldn’t recommend eating a McRib during the flight because they are messy.

The McDonalds is also close to Parc Solei. If you get stuck at a long Hilton Grand Vacations Club timeshare session you could have a McRib to recover.

All-in-all I give the McRib a 4.3/5.

I also went to Flying Fish which was okay and give a 2.6/5.

5F988DA7-9AFE-4FD8-9095-DCE4B412D281.jpeg

Last edited:
McRib acquired.

I chose the Vineland Ave location as it was closest to DSSR resort at 2.2 miles even though it only had a 28% approval rating. It took me 13 minutes to get there by car. I would NOT recommend staying at DSSR if staying at a resort that is in close proximity to McDonalds/McRib is important to you. AKL is better as others have pointed out.

I arrived at 10:45 and they were not yet selling the McRib. Due to the long journey, the battery of my car was depleted. Thankfully there is a Supercharger nearby. I left to charge my car for 10 minutes and arrived back at McDonald’s at 11:10.

I placed my order at the self service kiosk and received order number 1003. It took 3 minutes to receive my McRib.

As you can see from the photo it looks great. I always like to guess how many pickles I will get. I lifted the top bun and saw zero onions and zero pickle, which was very disconcerting. However, I noticed that the pickles and onions were adjacent the bottom bun, which I felt was an interesting choice and commend the cook for thinking outside the box. I received two pickles, which made me happy. There were approximately 30 onion slices about 0.5 inches in average length.

The bun was quite soft. I couldn’t measure the modulus of elasticity, however. The sauce was nice and thick, with a viscosity of about 15,879 SSU at 69 degrees F.

The sauce had a good smoky flavor but not overwhelming. The shape of the ribs conformed quite nicely to actual ribs. The meat had a wonderfully pleasant texture.

There was no pixie dust, unfortunately.

In other notes, the McDonalds is next door to a helipad where you can get helicopter tours. A McRib would be a nice pre- or post-tour snack. I wouldn’t recommend eating a McRib during the flight because they are messy.

The McDonalds is also close to Parc Solei. If you get stuck at a long Hilton Grand Vacations Club timeshare session you could have a McRib to recover.

All-in-all I give the McRib a 4.3/5.

I also went to Flying Fish which was okay and give a 2.6/5.

View attachment 719900
What didn’t you like about Flying Fish?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter