• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Excursions for Grand Cayman, Cozumel & Coasta Maya??

I just watched some sting ray city videos on YouTube.. Looks cool but, it also look crowded with a bunch of different tour guides? It also looks like the stingrays don't want to be held... I hope none of them get hurt or injured from this attraction?

We were on the Fantasy for Halloween 2012. Our very favorite stop was Maya Chan in Costa Maya. The price was awesome & truly all inclusive. It included unlimited food & drink, sand toys for the kids, kayaking & snorkeling, private little areas for each family, they had a sand castle building contest. They had umbrellas & little float seats in the water for relaxing. The service was awesome & the people could speak good English. The price also included our taxi fare. It was an amazing deal & I hope that we can return in the future. We didn't want to leave.

I would say that if you don't want to be harassed, don't stop in or near any of the stores in port at Costa Maya. The shop owners were annoying! So if you go to Maya Chan, just head right for the Taxi stand where they will have your name on the list to take you to the Beach Resort. For more info: http://costamayabeachresort.com/

Has anyone tried the Cozumel Ruins and Beach Adventure or the Mayan Ruins and Discover Mexico Cultural Park?

In Grand Cayman we did the stingray tour and it was totally awesome. Make sure to get the one that goes to the sand bar. You get to touch and hold the string rays

Great thread! We're doing the Western Carribean on Fantasy next October. We've pretty much settled on the Chacchoben Mayan Ruins in Costa Maya and The Secret River and Playa Del Carmen in Cozumel.

Still trying to choose a Grand Cayman port excursion. We're leaning toward the Catamaran, Reef and Kittiwake Snorkel Sail but a number of others look fun.

Martin

chudson98 said:
Has anyone tried the Cozumel Ruins and Beach Adventure or the Mayan Ruins and Discover Mexico Cultural Park?

Just wondering if anyone has tried either of these? Trying to decide which is better? Thanks.

Mastiff said:
Just wondering if any of the GC beaches have the water toys like they do in Cozumel. Kids would love to do a beach day while we are in GC and I didn't know which beach would be best.

We saw the water trampoline, ice berg, and slide at the Cozumel beaches and they loved that.

Do any of the beaches in GC have those things?

Thanks

We spent 3 weeks over Christmas in grand cayman and love it there. Yes the public beach by calico jacks has the water trampolines, inflatable slides and climbing wall, teeter totter etc. You have to buy wristbands to use them.

My children are 8 and 12- we were thinking about going on the Mayan ruin tour- would you recommend it? Thanks

If you want to tour ruins with your kids, who are relatively young, I'd go to the ruins that are ON Cozumel. You can easily just grab a taxi to take you when you get off the ship, and they'll wait for you while you tour. They're a really good representation of the ruins, but easy to get to and easy to tour, with time left to explore town, or go back to the ship while it's quiet and swim. Take bug spray!

I think going to Tulum is too far, and don't like the idea of the small ferry to get to the mainland. Going while in Costa Maya is quite a trek, too.

Forgot to say, the name of the ruins we went to on Cozumel were the San Gervasio ruins. Check Google or Bing for more info and pictures.

We are doing the western this July 20th, in Costa Maya we are doing the Salsa Salsa excursion that DCL offers(make salsa, Take salsa lessons and hang out on a beach.. In Cozumel we are doing a Catamaran Snorkeling trip and in Grand Cayman we went with a Private Charter that one of the posters here recommended, 3 hrs going to Sting Ray tour , snorkeling for a hr and then Star fish beach..Hopefully we will have a great time

We just got back from the Western Carribbean. We absolutly LOVED the stingray and city tour. I have a 3 year old dd who was too young to do it through DCL, so we contacted NativeWay and they did the tour for us. It was fantastic. I would highly recommend them. All the kids (14 ds, 11 dd, 6 dd and 3 dd) loved the stingrays. It also goes to the Turtle Farm, which was amazing.

We did the Mayan ruins in Costa Maya, which was really neat. However, it was HOT. Be prepared for that. We did it through DCL, which was good because we made it back to port at the time the ship was supposed to leave. We would have been freaking out if we weren't with a DCL tour.

In Cozumel we did the Dolphin Encounter (you can also do the Dolphin Swim). The encounter takes about 30-45 minutes. After the time with the dolphins you can stay at the park where they have a fun place to snorkle and a fresh water pool to swim in. We loved this one as well.

We want to do the stingray city excursion in October and my DD will turn 5 right before we go on this cruise. With your 3 year old, did she just wear a life jacket that the tour provided or did you bring something with you? We have her swim lesson bolster that belts at the waist and has the flotation at her back which keeps her arms free moving. Do you have any idea if something like that is allowed or they make you wear a full life vest?

We want to do the stingray city excursion in October and my DD will turn 5 right before we go on this cruise. With your 3 year old, did she just wear a life jacket that the tour provided or did you bring something with you? We have her swim lesson bolster that belts at the waist and has the flotation at her back which keeps her arms free moving. Do you have any idea if something like that is allowed or they make you wear a full life vest?
Which sailing will you be on? We are also doing a October cruise with our almost 5 year old.

For anyone who's done salsa & salsa. Would a 6 year old who likes to cook and dance like it?

The Secret River tour looks cool but I am claustrophobic. :eek: Do you feel enclosed all the time or can you see some light at the end of the tunnel? :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter