• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best "extra" activity to do while at Disney

RN01

Mouseketeer
I'm looking for some extra things to do while at Disney this time. We've done the Keys to the Kingdom tour and really liked it. It will be my husband, and DD's ages 12 and 19. Any ideas?

A couple of weeks ago, we did the horseback ride out at the ranch near Wilderness Campground. Quite budget friendly compared to other tours ($45 and you can get a discount for Disney Visa or annual pass). We had a great time.

We really enjoy the Sea Raycers! Wild Africa Trek is still on my bucket list...........where, unfortuantely, it will probably remain. It's pricey! Maybe when just my DH and I go....

I'm looking for some extra things to do while at Disney this time. We've done the Keys to the Kingdom tour and really liked it. It will be my husband, and DD's ages 12 and 19. Any ideas?

Ideas that I would love to try:

1. Parasailing (Contemporary resort)
2. Rent a boat for an afternoon
3. Horseback riding at Fort Wilderness
4. Wild Africa Trek
5. Dine with an Animal Scientist at Sanaa (if they're into animals/science)

If you liked your Keys tour, you might look at the Walt Disney: Marceline to Magic Kingdom tour. Your younger daughter is old enough for this one, 12 and up. It is an excellent tour, and well priced also, $35 each. Discounts for AP, DVC and Disney Visa, all 15%.

I really enjoyed the undiscovered future world tour. It seems like it's similar to the keys tour but for epcot. I wanna do the keys tour this trip.

I highly recommend "La Nouba" at Disney Springs...particularly if you've never seen another Cirque du Soleil show. The theatre is wonderful and there really isn't a bad seat. I always buy Category 2 or Category 3 seats. Doing that saves a little cash without affecting the view of the show.

Discounts are also plentiful. The box office usually has some form of discount if you stop by in person. Or, you can join "Cirque Club" at http://cirquedusoleil.com/ to get a potential discount. It's free to join and only requires a valid email address.

We've snorkeled in the Epcot tank which was such an amazing experience!! I hughly recommend!

I second "La Nouba". I am so glad we saw it when we were there over Easter break. One of the highlights of the trip for sure, and that was our first time at WDW in 17 years, so everything was great. "La Nouba" just stood out. Fantastic!
And we were in the "cheap seats" (Category 4) and still had a wonderful view.

HDDR, the Chip and Dale campfire sing along, free., watering the floating water light pageant from the beaches, free, explore other resorts, free, Disney Springs, can be free, Behind the MK steam trains tour, spas, just riding the monorails, especially around sunset, para sailing, renting boats, fishing, horse back riding, ............lots to do!

AKK

I've done just about all the tours and liked each one for different reasons. For a quick non-expensive tour, our favorite was Behind the Seeds at the Land in Epcot. Doesn't sound like it would be fun but we really enjoyed learning how they do some of the plants. We love to resort hop and go to a new resort to visit every time we are there, we just jump on the first bus that arrives in the area we are in and go for it. We usually have lunch at the resort and just wander around the grounds and the gift shop. A few of the resorts have tours, I think BW and AKL do it. Speaking of AKL, it's worth a visit if you've never been there and so is WL.

We love Wild Africa Trek! It's definitely expensive, but the experience is truly unique and immersive. We actually have done it 2 1/2 times now. On an August trip we had to turn back because of lightning halfway through and luckily were able to reschedule since we were there for 2 weeks. We got to keep all of the goodies from both trips which was nice. The other time was this past April and the temps were actually a little chilly. Even in the August heat it was not too bad since a good chunk of the time you are in the shade or on the safari truck. They also give you nice cooling towels. And the snack time left us feeling really pampered...beautiful views, photographers taking family photos, gourmet snacks, and probably one of the nicest bathrooms we've seen on Disney property right in the middle of the safari.

I thought Behind the Seeds was a good value given the cost (we got the Disney Visa discount which helped). I thought it was a neat experience since we've been on Living with the Land so many times and always wanted to try it. Our guide was awesome and even my kids seemed to enjoy it even though it's just a very informative tour. Don't think we would do it again, but it was worth trying once.

Tours are a great option and varying price points. We've done the Family Magic Tour (your kids are too old for that one though) and the VIP Family Tour (there is an equivalent Thrills one for the age of your group) - pricey but amazing. We've also done Behind the Seeds Tour at Epcot which was pretty reasonably priced and extremely interesting.

Dessert parties are a nice little extra - we've done the Wishes one a few times and always enjoy it.

Dinner shows (I would recommend Hoop-Dee-doo for your group) - great fun & pretty decent meal.

I have long been a fan of the Hoop-Dee-Doo.....its lots of fun and the food is pretty good. On our last trip we tried the Wishes Fireworks Cruise and it was a HUGE hit!! Everyone in our party just loved it and now its the only way they want to see the fireworks. No crowds to deal with....no nerve wracking exit with the hordes of people afterwards. We walked to our car and we were back at our resort in 15 minutes. It was truly lovely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter