Best family character breakfast

Tusker House and Crystal Palace are both great for breakfast. The Princess Breakfast at Epcot is great too. It is served family style.

I like Garden Grill....great fresh food, awesome characters (who doesnt love chip & dale?). Tusker, Cape May, and Crystal Palace are all great in terms of food and characters. All depends which park you want to be in.

We typically only do character/ADR breakfasts on non-park days. We really like 1900 Park Fare. The Mad Hatter is one of the best (if not the best) characters on property.
At Chef Mickey's the main draw is that you get the "fab five".
We liked the Bon Voyage breakfast at Trattoria al Forno but if you don't want princesses I guess that's out.

If you're going to Epcot, we have done Garden Grill for lunch and dinner and Chip and Dale are great, plus you also get Mickey and Pluto.
At MK your option would be Crystal Palace. It's a nice setting. Typical buffet. Enjoyment depends on how much you want to meet the Pooh characters.

Ohana and Cape May for outside parks
Tusker House and Garden Grill for inside parks (I do think character viewing is crowded at Garden Grill everywhere and depending on where you are seated at Tusker House as well)

Crystal Palace and 1900 Park Fare are my favorites. Both has what I feel is the largest selection of options and its great having a made to order omelet station. Characters are different than Tusker House too, so both would be good choices.

We love character breakfasts! Our top ones are 1900 Park Fare, Crystal Palace, Garden Grill and Ohana. We also love Tusker House and Cape May (not narrowing this down, I know haha) bit we’ve had good food and good experiences at all of the above.

The ones I’d give a miss are Chef Mickey’s and Akershus. The service we’ve had at Chef Mickey’s has been really patchy. Akershus has always had lovely servers, but the food has never been anything to rave about.

we love Tusker House and Lilo and Stitch's breakfast at Ohana. Tusker House is a buffet so it is a bit trickier with little kids. Ohana is a family style all you can eat. Tusker house has a wider variety of foods but Ohana has Stitch juice. We love Stitch juice.

Our favorite, and must do every single trip, is 1900 Park Fare breakfast at the Grand Floridian. Pooh, Tigger, Alice, Mad Hatter, and Mary Poppins. And we feel the food is some of the best buffet food on property - my husband loves the lobster eggs benedict.

We booked TH last year with the ROL package right after it opened so we wouldn't have to wait in line for hours. We had a late reservation and enjoyed both breakfast and lunch. Our server was great, bringing us plenty of yummy juice! And the character interaction was perfect. I would definitely recommend it.
I had also booked 1900 PF, but cancelled it due to a change in trip plans. We stayed at GF without the kids last month and I passed it every morning and now I really can't wait to book it for our next family trip.

1900 Park Fare - my most recently character meal and perhaps my favorite, even if princesses aren't my thing. The step-sisters are hilarious!
Cape May Breakfast - Good food, lots of time with the characters, relaxed pace and vibe.
'Ohana Breakfast - I enjoy the family-style meal brought to the table, it is nice to be able to sit and have food brought to you.

1900 Park Fare- We were there for breakfast last week. The characters were Alice, Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Tigger, Winnie the Pooh.

My daughter loved ALice's red velvet pancakes with cream cheese frosting.

Tusker House is our favorite. If you can stand to do a later breakfast, we usually get to Animal Kingdom at rope drop and head to the safari. The animals are all out eating and are active compared to other times of the day when they are lounging and in the shade. We then will maybe do a few rides and have a 10:30-10:45 am ADR for Tusker house. They will have breakfast still going and will be transitioning to lunch by the end of your meal, if you want to do more of a brunch. Great characters in the Safari outfits.

Hi we are heading to the world in june , what character breakfast would you suggest . Thanks

If you don't have any character preferences:

1900 Park Fare has had the best character interaction.
Crystal Palace is my #1 - I'm a Pooh fan, the breakfast has always been decent and quickly turned over with fresh fills, always clean and we walk right out from breakfast into Magic Kingdom.
Tusker House my #2 overall and again, liek Crystal Palace, being in the park early is a plus.

Last edited:
Our favorite is 1900PF, the Mad Hatter is hilarious, and the food is really good. I also like Crystal Palace, the food there is amazing and the characters (Pooh and friends) are so cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter