Best Family Memory at DVC

When i saw this thread, a special memory jumped onto my mind ... the boys were about 7 and 5. We had a 3 rd floor 1 bedroom near Turtle pond. We had a wonderful day at the parks and then went back to OKW to relax. The boys played in the tub while I made dinner. We sat outside eating dinner, dove bars for dessert and relaxing. It got dark and we could see the fireworks from Epcot and then from MGM..

It was a perfect day...

I love this thread. Our first trip home is in 2 weeks and I can't wait to start making memories.

What a great thread! :sunny: I don't know if I can handle the nine month wait until our first DVC trip (BWV) in June 2006!

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

It's one of those little things that you don't expect. We took a quick weekend in April and hit the Magic Kingdom right at opening. As many times as we've been down we have never done this, trying to avoid the crowds the best we could. We got there just in time to see the opening of the park where the train pulls up with the characters and the confetti flies. My DS3 just stood there with his mouth open in amazement. All the times he's been there nothing compared to that expression.

Oh wow, so many wonderful memories, but if I had to choose our favorite, it would have to be our first DVC vacation, to OKW in 1993. The kids were 5 and 8 at the time. We had reservations for a week (Saturday - Saturday), with a flight home late Saturday afternoon. We were also lucky enough to have the free park passes at that time.

We packed everything up Saturday morning and checked out, then spent the rest of the day at Epcot, trying to enjoy ourselves, but actually moping because none of us wanted to leave. Mid-afternoon, DH said he needed to make a few phone calls and used the phone bank at Germany. He came back several minutes later with the news that we weren't going home till MONDAY!! He got us a room at the Beach Club and had arranged to change our flights. (Oh, the good ol' days when you could do that fairly easily!!) We didn't have passes for those last two days, so we just spent the time at Stormalong Bay, loving our two bonus days.

To this day, we can't pass by Germany without one of us mentioning this. :teeth:

My DM, DDad, DB, H(not dear, now ex!),DD10, DS7, DN, DSIL & DB.
My then 16 month old neice shouts on the top of her lungs (I really mean that) while we are on Journey to your Imagination(?) "There's FIGIT!" He was her favorite character (and I suspect he still is). Everyone got a big kick out of it and for the rest of our lives we will all go to see "Figit".

We have been members since June of 1993, so have plenty of memories. I think my favorite one is the time we went down and took my mom, oldest brother and his daughter. My dad loved ice cream, so we made a point of stopping at a place in MGM (looks like a dinosaur), and having chocolate shakes in his memory! I'm sure he was laughing at us over that.

Another good memory is the time we took my FIL. My daughter turned five that trip, and we had breakfast at the Polynesian in what is now the Kona Cafe. Goofy came over and made quite a fuss over her -- to this day, Goofy is her favorite character. As the trip was ending, my FIL was waiting patiently for me to finish some shopping, and he was shaking his head - when I asked him why he said "don't they make anything that doesn't have Mickey on it"? I laughed until I cried!

Merlib
OKW '93

While my username would suggest my wedding, that is one big blur to me. The best family memory was actually the day after the wedding. About 20 of us went to the Hoop Dee Do that night. My family got us "Married at WDW" sweatshirts with our wedding date and we wore them to the show. Well, one of the characters noticed the shirt and REALLY picked on us for bringing our family along on the honeymoon. And, not to give anything away to anyone that hasn't been, but my 45-year-old, 250 lb, cop BIL was the big finale! We were laughing so hard we were in tears.

:goodvibes
Even though we've been home only once so far...
Back in April '05 DW,DD and I met up with my Sis,Bro-in-law & goddaughter
while they were vacationing nearby.We decided to visit Sea World together
and afterwards I invited the three of them back for a swim at our NEW home!
I remember sitting down at a table with all sipping a cool drink and just
smiling ear to ear! Hey, this is great! Hanging out with family at our new home, drinking cold ones,swimming and above all, showing off my big 'ole
brand new DVC own'n smile! Welcome to my home!
You gotta love that MOUSE!
:banana:
:moped: Have itch...must see Mouse!
WDW 3/77
Dland 8/73

My best memory is ... we treated my in-laws for their 40th anniversary. We gave them the master bedroom. I ordered a bride and groom mickey and minnie with their wedding date on it and put it on the big bed. DMIL walked in with such a big smile on her face and jumped on the bed and squealed. It was so nice to pay them back for all of the nice things that they have done for us in the past! :goodvibes

Well, this one just happened on our last trip. My DS (4) is deathly afraid of fireworks. I've tried earplugs and all, but he is petrified. He does like to look at the pretty colors, but that's about it, no noise. Well we had a boardwalk view BWV and the nights that we were back at our room, him and :love: I would go out on the balcony and watch the Wished fireworks together. We would also watch Illuminations, but from inside the room, door had to be closed. To be able to enjoy those moments with him were very special to me and could only be achieved with DVC.

Here is another memory. When I was a little kid, my maternal grandparents took me to DisneyWorld. They have since passed. Now I realize that for them to take me was a huge financial sacrifice. My other grandparents were able to buy many things for me as a kid. I know that they bought me many things over the years. But now as an adult, I can't remember many of the things they bought me as a kid. Those were my paternal grandparents. However, I remember times spent with my maternal grandparents very well because they gave the gift of time rather than things.

The first memory I have of DisneyWorld was visiting with my grandparents at Christmas time. So everytime we go at the holiday time, I always have fond memories of my grandparents walking me down main street.

Funny my mom and I were just talikg about this today... When my twins turned one we decided to go on a extended family vacation and 5 of my siblings and their familys and my Mom all went to BWV to celebrate the boys first Birthday. They were a few days shy of 3. They were just starting to walk and going from couch to chair things like that. Ya all know when a baby firsts starts to walk. We came upstairs to change for the Pool, and I was in teh bathroom changing and my brother had the boys. He had brought them these soft little Pinky balls. and it had rolled under the TV armoire. and My Aidan let go of the side of the bed and calmy walked over to the armoire and got the ball and walked back. I came out and he was going back and forth. I said to my Brother HE IS WALKING??? He said yeh, Doesn't he walk, well not up until now!!!! He said well he has been walking back and forth for 5 minutes now? He was one year to the day old. 3 days later before the end of the trip, his brother started walking for the first time in the same spot. Bed to armoire in a BWV studio... :goodvibes

One of my favorite memories is the 1st year we stayed at BWV in 2004 - we had a Boardwalk view - Wow!

One night we decided to go to Beaches & Cream and my DD, 13 at the time, REALLY wanted a corn dog from the Boardwalk cart. We told her they would have them at Beaches & Cream and she could get one there. Well, they didn't have corn dogs so we told her she could get one at the cart on the way back to the BWV so she just had french fries and a malt waiting for that corn dog!

We left B & C and saw they had closed the cart that served corn dogs. The guys running it were still there so we ran up and asked if they had any left and they said no - my daughter was soooo disappointed :worried: and it must have showed. One of the guys said he would start the fryer back up and made a corn dog for my DD and DH! The other guy said you're going to get in trouble - he said "naw - tommorow is my last day".

It was a great way to end the day seeing my DD so happy with that corn dog! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter