Best flip flops?

My last trip to Disney, my feet were sore after a couple of days so I heard to Downtown Disney and searched for a pair that felt like heaven on my sore feet...I bought a pair of Reefs with arch support. That was in 2009 and I still have them and plan to wear them for my next trip as well!

I have two pairs of Sanuk yoga mat ones and they're ok but no arch support and they get squishy when wet. One pair bothers between my toes but the others don't.

I'm also thinking of picking up some Merrills for this trip.

One tip - don't wear the same shoes two days in a row - have two comfortable pairs to alternate.

Question - are there any rides you can't go on with flip-flops? It seems to me that some rides require strap on shoes or sneakers.

Question - are there any rides you can't go on with flip-flops? It seems to me that some rides require strap on shoes or sneakers.
On Soarin you have to leave flipflops and other loose-fitting shoes on the floor beneath you. I have seen flipflops flying on Tower of Terror, but there are no restrictions against them - just that you are supposed to keep any footwear on your feet during the ride (I saw a little girl get kindly scolded because hers were the ones flying).

I personally wouldn't wear flipflops or sandals in the parks. I have seen too many things go wrong. I really don't even consider flipflops shoes. Their purpose - lake, beach, backyard.

I would leave the flip flops at home... If you do bring them go on a ten mile walk on flat pavement. Perhaps in a city. We went once and several folks brought only flip flops. We spend a few hours outside the parks buying shoes because the flip flops hurt so much...

What flip flops worked best for walking the world? I have so many pairs of them but I have not one good pair for a week of walking the parks. I don't want to pack a bunch of shoes, 2 pairs...3 at the most. I would like to spend under $50. Thanks!! :D

I love my Vionic flip flops. I can walkin them all day. They are so supportive. I have problems with plantar fasciitis and I can walk all day in them without any pain.

I have a pair of Skecher Go Walk flip-flops and a pair of Croc (not sure what style, very basic looking) flip-flops. I like the cushion of the Skechers, but the Crocs fit my feet better and are better if they get wet. I wore the Crocs all around Busch Gardens Williamsburg with some rain and getting wet on water rides and I was the only one not complaining about wet shoes or slippery flip-flops. They dried out in minutes because they are just solid rubber/plastic with nothing to absorb the water. I never got the Skechers wet, but feel sure they'd soak up the water and not be as easy to walk in if wet. They're comfy for shorter stretches, IMO. I don't like the way the straps are situated on them as well as the Crocs, plus the Skechers have fabric straps that are thicker and tend to rub between my toes more. The Crocs have very thin straps that are all rubber/plastic/whatever and smooth. They're my favorite flip-flops ever.

I was just at Disney in June. I wore my Croc sandals the whole trip and my feet never hurt, not once. I think I walked about 19,000 steps a day. I had brought a pan and some foot soak but never even used it.

On our last two Disney trips I've worn Hurley Phantoms. Most comfortable flip flops I have ever owned and they never wear down. They have a surfer canvas so they dry easily and Nike free bottoms so they feel like walking in tennis shoes. My feet haven't hurt once in them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter