• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best French Onion Soup on Property?

Stefecatzz

"If nothing changed, there'd be no butterflies."
This weather has me thinking about soup lately.

I love French Onion Soup but have not tried it anywhere except Chefs de France. I liked it but am in search of other places that have it as well. I know it's served at Grand Floridian Cafe, BOG & Yachtsman & maybe there are others?

If anyone has any experience, I'd like to hear your opinions!

I've recently read that BOG's is made with chicken broth & then someone posted that it was vegetable broth? Not so sure about that but if it's as good as the reviews claim it is, maybe..

Shula's is my favorite on property.

BoG's is vegetarian, and tastes like lumpy salt water. Ugh.
I disagree on BOG. I order a lot of french onion soup and what I have had there has been very good. It's not AS rich as some other locations, but more then decent and I would order it again in a heartbeat.

I have also had great french onion soup at Grand Floridian Cafe and at Raglan Road (though it is not always on the menu at Raglan Road, just as "soup of the day" so who knows if it will be available.

The WORST french onion soup I have had at Disney is Les Chef's. It was literally broth. No onions. And the cheese was barely melted. Horrible.

The Turf Club at Saratoga Springs is very good. It is served with very thin crispy fried onions on top.

Laura

Nothing special about the French Onion soup at BOG. In fact, I don't think there is anything great about it anywhere on property.

stay away from the room service french onion soup at contempary. It was like mushroom soup with A1. and I'm not kidding. We called and asked if we got the wrong soup > this was like a beefy / mushroom A1 soup > and nope that's the french onion????

I love the French onion soup at Chefs de France. We go there every trip for their amazing French onion soup. I ordered it at BOG and one spoonful was enough. :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter