Best fried dessert?

flav

Loving My Ears
I love snacking while at Disney, however, I try to limit how much fried dough I consume while there. How would you rank the offering?

- Beignets at POFQ
- Churros at Nomad’s lounge
- Mini-donuts at Typhoon Lagoon
- Funnel cake, which one? Sleepy Hollow or Epcot Cart?
- Others?

The beignets are delicious. I've found the churros at Nomad to be hit or miss - the last time we were there, they were very oily. I don't think I will order them again.

ok. I'll play.
First, I don't think you should ever limit how much fried dough you eat, at Disney, or anywhere.
In order:
1. Beignets at POFQ
1. Churros at Nomad’s lounge
1. Mini-donuts at Typhoon Lagoon
1. Funnel cake, which one? Sleepy Hollow or Epcot Cart?
1. Others

Seriously, these are interchangeable. As you said, it's fried dough, after all. Enjoy them all!

I once worked at a donut store. Left me with a lifelong dislike of the odor of frygrease. I also saw what eating donuts every day did to my customers over time. At the time, I did sometimes eat the fresh donuts, and that kinda spoiled me, since cold donuts don't taste nearly as good.

As many times as I have been to WDW, I've not tried any of the foods listed, except the beignets when they were sold at a different location at POFQ.

The best desserts I've had at WDW were the special Princess ones they had for a short time. One was a Rapunzel ice cream cone that was excellent. Pretty and tasty.

Otherwise for desserts, I like the offerings at Amorette's. Just about everything we have tried there, we enjoyed. A recent one was some excellent chocolate covered strawberries. (Very flavorful strawberries, pretty chocolate heart design). The rose tart was also pretty good.

If you will be at Epcot during the Art Festival, we also had a few delicious sweets last year. One was a deconstructed dessert from the deconstructed booth. I'm normally not that big on the deconstructed trend, but all the parts of that dessert were delicious. Looks like they have a key lime pie this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter