**BEST FRIENDS PET CARE KENNEL at DISNEY WORLD FAQ**

Little late since we've been getting settled in our new house, but we put our 2 yr old lab and our cat with them the beginning of June, and they were AWESOME!! Gave us good report cards when we picked them up, and we were able to stop and see them once during our visit. Not sure if they put up pics, but ours is Mollie and Blackie. They sent me pics, but not sure they are on here. I'll have to go look. I had never boarded either of them, and they both did wonderful. The cat was happy to see us, and Mollie just loves us humans, so she was really happy to see us. I would not hesitate to use them again if we needed to.

Thank you bouncycat! Im so happy you were pleased with them. If you have Facebook, they usually put pics up on their monthly guest section. You could try that and see! :dance3:

We're heading to WDW for Christmas 2012. We've hooked an indoor suite for our Chiweenie Molly. I'd really like to see what the suites look like. It concerns me that photos aren't available. Is it because the suites are bad?

We're heading to WDW for Christmas 2012. We've hooked an indoor suite for our Chiweenie Molly. I'd really like to see what the suites look like. It concerns me that photos aren't available. Is it because the suites are bad?

Hi John! You booked the regular suites correct? If so, they aren't bad-they are just plain basic "suites"... More noisier than the VIP or the other suites. i have used them at the old TTC kennels and they were good to my boys. You can still add extras if your budget allows it. Maybe someone who has used them can help you more!

Its basically because its in a back area. The suites aren't that bad, they aren't what they used to be either, I used the old Epcot location before the turnover. I feel they aren't horrible but not as good and spacious as they used to be.

Thanks for the response. I read on another thread that the "suites" are merely cages. He also wrote that the area is extremely loud. Not the environment I want to to our dog into. This is what I expected of the suites since they don't have pictures online.

Very late review. I left my westie, Cooper in August in a villa suite. I was not impressed with check in at all. The girl I had was aloof and not at all interested in being there. She didn't even acknowledge my dog. She was very business like. More interested in the paper work side of things. We had to wait a few minutes so we walked around. The area in the back was nice and clean. The girl that took us in was much nicer. The room was amazing. I loved the privacy of it and that it wasn't noisy. Cooper was just staying the day while we were in the parks. We are leaving him there for 4 days in march in a deluxe villa suite and this was a dry run. We paid extra for a bath which apparently he didn't like. At pick up, he was very happy to see us as we were to see him. He had a little report card which was decorated and cute (not sure how honest it was). Wouldn't say he loved it but he was no worse for wear. I felt comfortable leaving him and will do so again in march. It was clean and bright. We will have the camera in march so we can peek in on him.

I booked an indoor/outdoor for our lab Angel for our trip in March. The lady I spoke with says they are 4' by 12'. Her indoor area is 4'by4' and her outdoor, enclosed run, is 4'by8'.
I also noted that she is not fixed so she will not be having play time with the other dogs, which is what I wanted anyways.
We are staying at POR so we will be visiting her often so she will be able to get out and run around alittle bit.

I was glad to learn that even though check out is 12pm, if we wanted to pick her up later we would only be charged $20 (their Daycare fee) if she is picked up any time after 12 til 6pm. I didn't want the family to have to rush with our usual check out day activities of lunch and alittle shopping at DTD before we head home.

I did have a question.
We will be bringing her food with us for them to use (she has only eaten this brand and do not want to upset her stomach), did anyone else do this and was it ok to bring an opened bag? Do they give you back what is left in the bag when you check out?

LUVMYTINK said:
I booked an indoor/outdoor for our lab Angel for our trip in March. The lady I spoke with says they are 4' by 12'. Her indoor area is 4'by4' and her outdoor, enclosed run, is 4'by8'.
I also noted that she is not fixed so she will not be having play time with the other dogs, which is what I wanted anyways.
We are staying at POR so we will be visiting her often so she will be able to get out and run around alittle bit.

I was glad to learn that even though check out is 12pm, if we wanted to pick her up later we would only be charged $20 (their Daycare fee) if she is picked up any time after 12 til 6pm. I didn't want the family to have to rush with our usual check out day activities of lunch and alittle shopping at DTD before we head home.

I did have a question.
We will be bringing her food with us for them to use (she has only eaten this brand and do not want to upset her stomach), did anyone else do this and was it ok to bring an opened bag? Do they give you back what is left in the bag when you check out?

I brought our dogs food in baggies labelled with his name and how much and when to give. I brought enough for his stay. I did not get any back.

Just bumping this thread to say I'm using Best Friends again for my Westie Ziggy in a week! I reserved an indoor/outdoor for him this time. I almost forgot that they offer a AAA discount! Well, at least they did last year, guess I'll see if they still do!

zianha said:
Just bumping this thread to say I'm using Best Friends again for my Westie Ziggy in a week! I reserved an indoor/outdoor for him this time. I almost forgot that they offer a AAA discount! Well, at least they did last year, guess I'll see if they still do!

We had our westie there for 4 nights in the deluxe villa suite. He was his usual happy self at pick up and appeared as though he enjoyed his stay. I loved being able to peek in on him. I would say though that he didn't seem to be let out a lot. I had several friends checking in as well as I was ALOT and he rarely was let outside (it seemed). I wasn't watching 24/7, so can't say for sure. I was happy with it overall tho Beats sitting in a small crate. It was worth the money plus i had a dvc discount which was nice. Every staff member was kind and seemed to love animals. I love how clean it is too. I was also sent an email pic of Cooper sitting in his bed. Loved that.

I just wanted to report on my experience when my Westie stayed at Best Friends in March! Ziggy loved it! My boys really liked that they emailed me during our trip to say Ziggy was having fun and they sent the picture they took of him! That made me feel good because we ended up not being able to go visit him like I planned during the middle of the week. I plan to use Best Friends again next year! :thumbsup2

Hi, can you tell me how do we get our dogs to the best friends kennel at WDW we are staying in animal kingdom lodge? Thanks shana

Hi, can you tell me how do we get our dogs to the best friends kennel at WDW we are staying in animal kingdom lodge? Thanks shana

Yeah, like the PP stated, you'll need to get them there yourself. Also, I just got back Saturday, my dog had another great experience! If anyone has AAA, ask for the discount! It's actually a better rate than the WDW Resort Guest discount!

Would my little Yorkie be able to come on the magical express in her kennel from the airport to the hotel? Since we are staying at port Orleans its right across the street so I've read and I would just walk her over?
Thanks for the info!

Would my little Yorkie be able to come on the magical express in her kennel from the airport to the hotel? Since we are staying at port Orleans its right across the street so I've read and I would just walk her over?
Thanks for the info!

That is a GOOD question! I do not know if ME allows animals, so you may want to call and find out. If you find out, please let us know!

Sorry I didnt have the answer for you! :confused3

Can dogs stay overnight at kennels? I know they arent allowed in resort(unless service dog) but i thought u couldnt leave pets overnight at kennel.

Can dogs stay overnight at kennels? I know they arent allowed in resort(unless service dog) but i thought u couldnt leave pets overnight at kennel.

Yes, they have overnight accommodations. Just had my dog there for 9 nights in February.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter