Best Friends Pet Resort

anniebean

Flyers fan stuck in Tennessee
We are taking two of our babies to the new pet resort. One is a very overweight weimaraner, and the other is a schnoodle. We have made reservations for the Villa. My weim has issues, but only because she believes she is one of us, and not a dog....which, I'll admit, is completely my fault. Does anyone here have any experience with it? I'm a neurotic momma when it comes to my weim, and really just need someone to calm my nerves.

We used Best Friends for our December trip. When you check your pets in, they will ask you a lot of questions about each one and you have to fill out a form. They ask if your animal has any specific issues with people or with other animals. I felt that they really tried to get a good sense of the animal's specific needs.

They do offer many "a la carte" services that you can take advantage of, such as extra walks during the day or extra play time. You can pretty much design your pet's experience. We selected the extra outdoor walk for our dog, who is young and pretty active - we thought he would appreciate the extra exercise.

We were very happy with Best Friends. The facility is immaculate (absolutely no odor), and we felt that they took excellent care of our dog. They also give you a little "report card" when you pick up your pet, so that you know exactly how he/she fared.

Another thing I really liked was that the facility is staffed 24-7.

If you are really worried about your dog you will be able to visit at any time. That is another very good feature of Best Friends.

Hope that you will be as happy as we were with their services - relax and have a great time!

A report card? I'm sure that is one she will fail miserably. We are working on that, though. She starts her training class next month.

Is it pretty easy to go and check on them, or is it something I'll have to jump thru hoops to do? I thought I'd go see her every morning before rope drop, and every evening before we go back to the resort. My 2-legged kids will kill me if it takes too much time and we end up being late for the parks. Hubby is jealous that she will get to lounge around all day and watch tv. For some reason, he'd much rather be doing that instead of the parks.:confused3

Your ticker says you are staying at POR, so it should be really easy for you - Best Friends is right across the road from POR. (I think the name of the road is Bonnet Creek Parkway.)

Yeah, that is one of the reasons we picked it. When we stayed there in Sept of 2009, we saw the construction going on, but didn't know what it would be.

I think the kids are more worried about when we get there, if it takes a long time to actually go back to the area to her. I had read somewhere that it took a long time for staff to let you see your pet. I didn't know how true this was, or if someone was just being too nitpicky in their review.

I wish we could take our "girls" with us, but I refuse to take them on the plane. I don't like the idea of them staying in a cargo hold. If we were driving I would absolutely take them to Best Friends. It would be so nice to visit them during the day and let them take part in the family trip. Luckily we have a very nice kennel where I live that was opened by a former vet tech of the office we take ours too. She has known my family for ages. I'm so nervous about leaving them but I know they will be in good hands and "grandma and grandpa" will visit them. Have a fantastic time!

No worries, Annie! :cool1:You guys are going down to WDW, and your little fur babies will have just as good a time! As the mother of a couple of pooches who may make your Weim seem like the most well-trained pup in America, I can tell you that they'll be fine. :banana:

Don't worry about waiting for staff to get them for you, because one of the benefits of having them in a Vacation Villa is that you can just go get them yourself! :yay: You don't have to wait for a staff member to bring them to you. There's also a direct way to get to the dog park from the Villa wing.

If you're at PO, you're right across the street. You can even go visit them super early in the am and leave the kids with dad, then head over to rope cutting (so don't stay up too late!):goodvibes

Just be sure to tell the staff members about your concerns; they'll take care of you.
have fun!!

Oh wow! I didn't know that I could just go straight to their Villa! Thanks!

We met my weim's trainer tonight. The good thing is we are starting lessons next Friday instead of 3 weeks from now. Hopefully we'll have a better behaving baby by the time we leave in May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter