Best Grand Cayman excursion suggestions...

DisneyPrincess

Mouseketeer
We have a 6 year old girl and 9 year old boy. Give me your best Grand Cayman excursions...
Thank You!!

We had the most amazing time at Stingray City, although we did a private charter. The cruise line groups were huge. With the private charter, we were able to do it with just 4 people. It meant we all got some really awesome time with the stingrays. We used Ebanks Watersports. Not sure if there are any age restrictions.

We did Island Tour and Snorkeling with Stingrays. It was a great little tour of the island with a stop at the turtle farm and "Hell" rock formation. Then we had an amazing time with the stingrays. It took the morning and we were back on board for a late lunch. My DD age 7 had an amazing time. Here's a link to that specific section of my trip report if you'd like more detailed information: http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...-the-high-seas-5-night.3460709/#post-54686594

We enjoyed the turtle farm. Went on our own and was able to snorkel with turtles, swim in the large freshwater pool, see and touch baby turtles etc...

We used Captain Marvin. He is an institution on the island! We've used him twice and totally loved it!
Daughter was 8 at the time.

subscribing. We have a 5 and 3 yo. Most DCL excursions have age limits. I think they'd love the turtle farm as well.

subscribing. We have a 5 and 3 yo. Most DCL excursions have age limits. I think they'd love the turtle farm as well.
My son is 5, will be 6 at time of travel, and I'm having a lot of issues with Disney's crazy age restrictions- so many are an 8yrs old minimum. I may use an outside company for at least Falmouth, I know he would love bobsled Jamaica, but I don't want to combine it with Dunn River falls.
Hoping to get recommendations and good experience on non DCL excursions that an adventurous 6 year old would enjoy. :)

Nativeways tour with Stingray city and Starfish beach. So amazing!
We used them as well. My friend booked the excursion for us and I was a little iffy as I always book with Disney. The kids were 9, 12, & 13 and we all loved the entire excursion. It was a father & son who took us out on the boat and they were great with getting the stingrays as well as helping the kids find the starfish. Highly recommend!

We have also done the dolphin swim while at Grand Cayman and the turtle farm. Lots of fun things to do.

We enjoyed the turtle farm. Went on our own and was able to snorkel with turtles, swim in the large freshwater pool, see and touch baby turtles etc...
How big are the turtles that your snorkel with, and are they in open water or a tank? Also, is it easy to get there from the port?

How big are the turtles that your snorkel with, and are they in open water or a tank? Also, is it easy to get there from the port?

We were there in October. There wasn't any snorkeling available that we saw. They had baby turtles in tanks about the size of a child's plastic swimming pool (in width, but with higher sides and deeper). The kids could get in, generally 3-4 at a time and hold the baby turtles. We were on an excursion, so I can't speak to getting there on your own, though I know many have taken a city bus or taxi (just be aware that schedules are limited if you're there on a Sunday).

22508498589_a5529507ab_z.jpg

We did the tour to Hell and the Turtle Farm. The driver gave a little narration while we were on the way so it was a nice chance to learn a little something about the island too. We were also given a choice to stop at the beach or not but most of the bus was in agreement we wanted to get back to ship.

We shared a small taxi bus from town and it was $8 per person. There are two levels of tickets and we got the ones that included swimming, birds etc. there is a salt water pool - almost like a lazy river- where you can snorkel and see fish and turtles. There is also a nice fresh water pool with waterfalls, slides and a zero entry area. When we went if you booked online you could save 20%. On the way back we caught a public bus for $2.50 each that dropped us off downtown. Very easy. It was about a 20-30 minute very pretty drive.

image.jpg We just did the turtle farm last week. We went on our own. The kids held turtles, swam in the pool with a decent waterslide and snorkelled with the turtles.

My 6 year old snorkelled but my three year old didn't. He played on the sand.

image.jpg image.jpg

We have also done the dolphin swim while at Grand Cayman and the turtle farm. Lots of fun things to do.

We did this one as well and my DD, who was 11 at the time, loved being able to get in the pools with the turtles.

Starfish beach sounds cool. I'm assuming we'd take a cab. Is a it a far drive? Wondering if it's something we can fit in after the turtle farm. Or would that be too much?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter