Best Guide book??

Since it's your first WDW trip, I'd get the Passporter. It's more user friendly than UG, and has all the info you need without being overwhelming.

I'm sure you get the drift already but do not buy Frommer's. They just don't seem to get Disney :confused3

I read the last edition of Pauline Frommer's guide, and at one point the guide actually seemed more excited about a street in down-town Orlando with a non-descript Chinese restaurant and an art store where unemployed silver spoon townies hung out, then it did about Disney. They also missed most of the on site hotels.

I'm a little late to the tread but I would suggest the Birnbaums Guide for Kids. I bought it for my DD6 for our trip in May. She loves to look at it. There is a section in the back of the book that is like a scrapbook. It has questions like what was your favorite ride and has places to paste photos of various activities. I have the regular Birbaum's Guide. I like it but do plan on getting the new edition of the passporter once it comes out in Feb.

I'm sure you get the drift already but do not buy Frommer's. They just don't seem to get Disney :confused3

I read the last edition of Pauline Frommer's guide, and at one point the guide actually seemed more excited about a street in down-town Orlando with a non-descript Chinese restaurant and an art store where unemployed silver spoon townies hung out, then it did about Disney. They also missed most of the on site hotels.

I noticed the same exact thing about Frommer's disney guide and it makes me wonder about them. They have a huge name in the travel guide business, but their book regarding Disney/Florida was so way out there and missed the boat so much, that it makes me wonder if all their guides are that out there and we just don't know better.

I am not an expert on Disney and Florida Travel but if you have just a basic knowledge of Disney, their book just leaves you shaking your head, and saying why would they do/suggest that.

Ok...I live here and have no idea where this is...but I want to go see these folks. :lmao:

it's at that place with the thing, ya know the one around the corner from where we did that one thing that one time.

I'll throw in a vote for "the complete walt disney world" Full color easy to read. I also like the "pocket Mongello"... I just put Lou in my pocket and pull him out to ask him questions and feed him now and then.

I'll chime in with my three favorites. :) :)

The Unofficial Guide, The Passporter & The Complete Guide. I think the Complete Guide is great for beginners because of all the pictures. I just gave a copy to my Mom who is coming on the Podcast cruise & WDW with us, after not being to WDW in 20 years for my 4th birthday! :) I think the pix & in depth ride descriptions help her out. And they have a ton of little extra facts to make you a boatload of Disney trivia.

Echoing what others have said, Frommers is a thumbs down. I also have to give a thumbs down to Zagat's. Boo to those! :snooty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter