Best Hand Sanitizer (besides washing hands) to protect against viruses?

deedeew80

Dreaming of My Prince
Hi everyone! We are heading to Disney the end of November. I keep thinking it is prime time for catching germs. Not that you can't any other time. I wanted to find the best hand sanitizer to help protect against viruses, especially the norovirus! Instead of running into a bathroom after every single ride, I would just apply the hand sanitizer to our hands. We would definitely use a bathroom to wash our hands before eating and especially after using the bathroom. I feel like I turn into a germaphobe when I go on vacation! Lol!

I got a small bottle of aloe vera sanitiser from Target for 89 cents that smelled good and did the job nicely. I also bought a small packet of Wet Ones anti bac wipes at Walmart.

We use the Purell Aloe or Advance Care. Sometimes use Olika, because it's all natural. https://www.olikalife.com/

You can refill them, they have the smaller "Minnie" one that fits in bags/purses etc. We've seen them at Target.

I prefer the individually packages Wet Ones towelettes. Not only do they kill viruses but they actually get the dirt off your hands. I never feel like my hands are clean with sanitizer. I am not a germophobe when going around the parks. I just take the normal precaution of not touching my face at all. But I use the towelettes before I eat anything. I was at Disney during a particularly bad round of norovirus (people were vomiting everywhere, literally) and I did not get sick.

We use Wet Ones singles religiously. They are the best because they also clean up messy/sticky hands. I HATE gel sanitizer with a passion.

i make it a point that before each meal i go to the bathroom, use it, then wash really well, like a routine. this way both are done then i eat and know i'm super clean. when the kids were little small travel size purell because they kept touching the railings and running their hands along the rails and i would say: "don't touch the world please"....!

i make it a point that before each meal i go to the bathroom, use it, then wash really well, like a routine. this way both are done then i eat and know i'm super clean. when the kids were little small travel size purell because they kept touching the railings and running their hands along the rails and i would say: "don't touch the world please"....!
Yes!!! My 6 year old touches EVERYTHING!!! So annoying! Lol! As soon as we leave a store I’m putting hand sanitizer on him and then making him wash hands as soon as we get home! So gross!! Kids are just gross! Lol!

Do you hit the restrooms befor or after you order/receive your food? I have found it impossible not to touch anything between the bathroom and the time I start eating, whether it’s the MB scanner, or cash, or the receipt from the CM in a CS restaurant or menus in TS restaurants that have been handled by everyone . . . That’s why I use the towelette immediately before eating.

We were always told that no hand sanitizers kill cold and flu viruses. I often wonder why cruise ships have hand sanitizers everywhere though. Maybe norovirus isn't like cold and flu virus. Or was I told wrong, and some of them DO kill cold and flu virus?

Actually, something I noticed at the parks last week was Purell sanitiser dispensers dotted about. I thought that was a nice touch.

We were always told that no hand sanitizers kill cold and flu viruses. I often wonder why cruise ships have hand sanitizers everywhere though. Maybe norovirus isn't like cold and flu virus. Or was I told wrong, and some of them DO kill cold and flu virus?
I have researched this and most hand sanitizers do NOT protect against the norovirus (stomach bug). There are a few out there that do but aren’t available in stores. Zylast is one of them. Clorox makes one and one called My Shield. It has something to do with the alcohol content or whatever. Try searching it and it will explain more.

Honestly, most hand sanitizer is the same thing (which is alcohol and stuff to make it gelatinous), so pick whatever is cheapest or smells the best to you. I prefer the aloe hand sanitizer from Kroger.

Edit: And DeeDeew80 is right. Alcohol will protect against over 99% of viruses, but NOT norovirus. Only soap will protect against that

Edit: And DeeDeew80 is right. Alcohol will protect against over 99% of viruses, but NOT norovirus. Only soap will protect against that

So does that mean that hand sanitizer DOES protect against colds and the flu? I'd really like to know, because I'm a tax preparer and our clients seem to always bring children who have colds or flu. Last year we had a client who had their not so well child, and they told us that the child had just gotten out of the hospital that day with the flu. It's like "You've got a cold-what are you going to do now?" "I'm going to go to get my taxes done!" By the way, it's not like they had a previous appointment-it's a walk-in tax preparation, not appointment

As you know, washing hands is the best, but for hand sanitizer I would reccomend an alcohol based sanitizer. Stay away from the anti-bacterial garbage.

My hospital uses purell alcohol based sanitizer.

Hi everyone! We are heading to Disney the end of November. I keep thinking it is prime time for catching germs. Not that you can't any other time. I wanted to find the best hand sanitizer to help protect against viruses, especially the norovirus! Instead of running into a bathroom after every single ride, I would just apply the hand sanitizer to our hands. We would definitely use a bathroom to wash our hands before eating and especially after using the bathroom. I feel like I turn into a germaphobe when I go on vacation! Lol!
A doctor on TV today said the norovirus is only killed by soap and water hand washing. All others are effectively washed away with hand sanitizer.

We use Nano Pure in the morning before we leave our hotel and then respray with that or Zoono Ultra before we eat. Both of these can be purchased on Amazon. Nano Pure is not an alcohol based hand sanitizer and it is supposed to create a coating on your hands that kills germs for 24 hours. I'm not sure if it really does that, but I use it religiously because I work at a University and students are gross, especially during cold/flu season. So far both products have kept us pretty healthy. I also make sure to bring Wet Ones to wipe stuff down with.

We always buy (100 in a box) GermX wipes PACKETS from Sam's Club online.
If they are out of stock, we buy (100 in a box) Purell wipes PACKETS ordered from Amazon or any site whichever is cheapest. My purse or tote always has them. Everywhere we go, all the time and definitely at Disney.
They are much smaller than a regular wipe and easily tucked away anywhere.

When done wiping our hands, we wipe our phone.

We use dōTERRA onguard hand spray. We also do it on the plan. And I have ya all inhale onguard before and after the place ride specifically.

If we are hit with a stomach bug, I’ve got activated charcoal to take.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter