Best Hotel for family of 5 and Baby?

Princess Libby

Earning My Ears
Right now I am leaning towards Contemporary. But I'm not opposed to two rooms at one of the All Stars, we've stayed there before. I have a 10 yr old DS, 4 yr old DS and a 1 yr old DD. My73 yr old mother will be traveling with us also. We are deciding on whether or not to go before CHristmas or for Christmas. Can't decide.

We just stayed at the Contemporary and the rooms are very large. 5 would sleep comfortably and there is still room for a crib. (we had one in our room, along with the two queen beds and the daybed). I think it would depend upon if your mother would like her own room- then perhaps the All Stars would be better. We enjoyed the Contemporary for its proximity to the MK and the convenience of the monorail, something you don't get with All Stars. I have read that before Christmas is an excellent time to go, as the crowds are low...if you go at Christmas the crowds are at their worst.

My mother lives with me, so her on room is not that big of a deal. The main thing I'm concerned with is the overall experience. I keep hearing that the theming is bad. What kind of theming does it have? I can't tell from all of the photos I've seen. Also does anyone know if it has a smoking section?

Go before Christmas--crowds are lower, rates are lower, and everything holiday related is going on!

I'd suggest two at the All Stars, you can have two bathrooms and more privacy for mom and dad that way.

If you want to go with one, the Polynesian would be my choice, great pool, great location, and rooms are larger than at the YC/BC. I think the CR is uglier than a pile of dirt, and don't like the Jetson's decor inside either.

Anne

Originally posted by ducklite
... I think the CR is uglier than a pile of dirt, ...

LOL! :p It may be cool to the kids because of the monorail going through and all, but I tend to agree.

I also agree that a room at the Polynesian would be an excellent choice. The rooms are the same size as the Contemporary, the theming is EXCELLENT, and the transportation & convenience is just as good, IMO!

I would pick the Polynesian over the two rooms at the All Stars, if it's in your budget.

OK Going to see if I can find good pictures ofthe Polynesian. SHouldn't the rates for the Polynesian be about the same as the Contemporary?

If you were looking at a Tower room, then yes the rates should be very similiar. If you were looking at a garden wing room, then the Poly will probably be $60 - $70 more per night. I also agree with ducklite's assessment of the CR, not one of my favorite resorts to stay at. I'd actually never stay there again, just a little too weird for me. The Jetson's remark is actually pretty right on!!

What about one of the cabins at FW. They sleep 6 comfortably and have a port-a-crib for a baby. They also have a full kitchen, and an outside deck. (You mentioned smoking - so this would be a good option for the smoker in your family).

The cabin has a queen & a set of bunks in the bedroom along with a murphy bed in the living area. The full kitchen is great for breakfasts, snacks & we do lunches when we spend the day at the pool.

Getting a cabin at FW is not at all like camping. It is like having a suite, but you are not connected to anyone. Also, you pull right up to your cabin, so there is no walking through parking lots or hallways when you are tired.

It does only have one bathroom. If the bathroom is an issue then try for the 2 rooms. If not, I suggest a FW cabin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter