• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best ice cream in the park

There's a gelato stand in Italy just last pavilion as you're walking to Germany. I think that is pretty good. The ice cream at France isn't bad either, but I've never been a fan of their flavors. I prefer cookies and cream and they never have it. The gelato stand those does and they can also make ice cream sandwiches as well.

We really like the sundaes at The Plaza in MK. I think it's called "The Plaza Sundae" - we get cookies and cream ice cream, peanut butter topping, whipped cream and a cherry. It's huge and the best part.....it's a snack!!!

This might not be what your looking for, but ... the Pineapple Soft Serve with Sammy’s Beach Bar Red Head Macadamia Nut-Flavored Rum at the Pineapple Promenade in World Showcase is just unreal.

I've only seen that during the Flower & Garden Expo. Is it available at other times? If so, where?

The dole whip with dark rum at Tamu Tamu in AK is pretty good too. They don't skimp on the rum, and boy is it strong.

I love the strawberry shortcake soft serve combo at Mrs. Potts in Fantasy land. Just the right ratio of cake to ice cream!

Pop Century has great sundaes... 3 scoops of various different flavors and a bunch of toppings to choose from for about 5 bucks.

Mickey Bar...best ice cream really...?

The best ice cream comes from the Main Street parlor and I actually got the candy corn one too at the Halloween party which was a nice treat!

Mickey Bar...best ice cream really...?

The best ice cream comes from the Main Street parlor and I actually got the candy corn one too at the Halloween party which was a nice treat!

LoL. I thought the same thing. Mickey Bar are cute for a picture, but take it quick because the thing will melt and fall off the stick in less than 2 minutes! It's no different than what you can buy at your grocery store, just shaped into Mickey's head. Just a novelty, overpriced, ice cream bar that kids like to beg their parents for.

LoL. I thought the same thing. Mickey Bar are cute for a picture, but take it quick because the thing will melt and fall off the stick in less than 2 minutes! It's no different than what you can buy at your grocery store, just shaped into Mickey's head. Just a novelty, overpriced, ice cream bar that kids like to beg their parents for.

I believe that was the point. From what I've read, they were first developed and sold when Dove Bars became popular.

But to me no trip to WDW is complete until I've had one.

There's a gelato stand in Italy just last pavilion as you're walking to Germany. I think that is pretty good. The ice cream at France isn't bad either, but I've never been a fan of their flavors. I prefer cookies and cream and they never have it. The gelato stand those does and they can also make ice cream sandwiches as well.
Oh, I forgot about the Gelato stand by Italy. I've enjoyed this since I recall it being closer to the Bandshell for Concerts & Candlelight Processional.

For soft serve, I like Storybook Treats in MK. I haven't tried the Italian gelato stand yet, but I can't wait to try it next time!

I used to like the ice cream between two chocolate chip cookies.

I don't want to hear any complaints about pineapple being replaced or steak and lobster being taken off the dining plan. These are all trivial matters compared to the fact that I lost my cookie ice cream bar!!!

I like soft serve and my favorite by far is the stand in Epcot in France. It's consistently creamy. A lot of the places have gritty soft serve including Auntie Gravity's which I don't care for.

On the soft-serve side, we like the ice cream truck in Animal Kingdom in Asia - maybe we just always feel the hottest there so that makes it taste the best, but no matter the reason, our whole family likes it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter