• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Illuminations Spot for Quick Exit/Least Crowds?

choover2576

Mouseketeer
We're planning on 2 rope drop Epcot days during the busy Christmas week and I'm trying to figure out the best way to make use of FP's. I have one 9 and one 6 year old so we can't do single rider.

We ended up missing Illuminations last year because of Food and Wine crowds. But, as a WDW newbie we only looked around Mexico and decided to just leave.

Is near the Canada pavilion a less crowded area? Any other suggestions or maybe we should use a FP?

During Christmas Week, there are few "less crowded" areas.
FP+ is an option, but expect the FP+ area to also be very crowded
and more difficult to see over other guests' heads than some other locations.

The Canada area is very popular/busy for IllumiNations viewing any night.

Your best bet for exiting is to find a bench and sit down and relax for 30, or so, minutes following IllumiNations (Christmas Week, I'd sit for 45 min.)
Then, get up and slowly stroll out of the park.

For a viewing spot, I'd pick near Germany or Italy.
That deep in the park, there will be fewer guests.
Also, for exiting, those deep-in-the-park spots will empty earlier.

Epcot-WS-GE_040916_zpsdz271kit.jpg

Last edited:
Busiest week of may the year? There is no best spot or quick exit. I agree with Robo. Just pick a spot, any spot. The closer to the American pavilion, the fewer the crowds. If you don't want to be among the 50,000 guests all heading out of the same 2 gates at the same time, plant yourself on a bench and wait a while.

No matter where you sit, always pay attention to the WIND DIRECTION!! You could have the best view, but end up getting all the smoke in your face. Not fun. The fire in the torches will help you see which direction the wind is going.

Getting out of the park after Illuminations is never fast, and that probably goes double triple at Christmas. I agree with the others, view from the back half of World Showcase, there will be fewer crowds. Make sure you have a drink, and maybe a snack, and just take a seat after the show, and wait until the madness calms down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter