Best in-room food tips for studio kitchenettes

does anyone happen to know the size of the coffee pot in the Beach Club studios? I want to make sure I have the correct filters. Thank you.

does anyone happen to know the size of the coffee pot in the Beach Club studios? I want to make sure I have the correct filters. Thank you.

So far, I've heard that you can request the large (10 cup flat mr coffee) coffee maker if a studio has the smaller coffee maker

So far, I've heard that you can request the large (10 cup flat mr coffee) coffee maker if a studio has the smaller coffee maker
This is true, you can request the larger. Once we were told they were out of the larger size.

I used to use the coffee pot/maker for the hot water to use in my oatmeal, bonus tip just brew coffee in oats, its pretty good.

I pick up a tub of greek yogurt usually as well. mix in with oatmeal/protein powder for overnight oats.

coffee maker works for rice/spaghetti (angel hair works the best)/top ramen to typically.

When staying for longer than a weekend in a studio, we almost always use the grill. Grill accessories are available in the community hall. We can usually get a one day car rental for around $40 to pickup what we need at the grocery store. You can also have it delivered, but they don't have everything that is available and the price is less with the rental if we are buying booze and food.

We bring lunch meat and cheese, no bread because I am gluten free and we don't want to risk the cross contamination. We also bring baked goods and snacks. We really don't do any real cooking. We might microwave eggs or reheat leftovers that we brought with us.

Our next trip we plan on using the grill. We drive in, so we can either get meat at home or go out mid trip and get some.

I'm not sure this is a "tip" but we book two contiguous reservations and request to be in the same room for each reservation. Then, we get the dining plan for the 1st reservation. We bring the leftovers back to the room and eat those for the last 1/2 of our stay. It takes care of a lot of our food for the second half.
Thats is level 99 shiz right there! I love it!

I was given the tip by someone else to take an egg cooker. You can google and come up with different models. I plan to get one and put it in my Owners Locker for use in any size villa, not just a studio.

I was given the tip by someone else to take an egg cooker. You can google and come up with different models. I plan to get one and put it in my Owners Locker for use in any size villa, not just a studio.

Or a crockpot. Even a small crockpot would expand your options - and a small one would be packable.

There are a ton of microwavable foods - including things like coffee cup cakes and muffins - or you could make some mix at home and add the liquid ingredients - the only one I think you might need to bring is some vegetable oil - you can buy a half dozen eggs and some milk at the DVC store.

DH & I always stay at studio and our go to for breakfast is toaster waffles, microwaved egg, ham, and cheese on toasted English muffin and anything from Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie (esp the ham & cheese croissant). We typically eat out when park touring but flat breads work well and most dishes reheat well for later meals (stay AWAY from fish - not a good reheat option). You can use hot water for tea from the coffee pot.

I have found toaster bags really expand your sandwich options -- available from Amazon. Also useful for folks with gluten sensitivities.

I typically have breakfast items available (cereal, milk, bagels, cream cheese and coffee), bottled water and snacks (chips, uncrustables, & string cheese). These items get me through my week or longer trips to WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter