Best Inexpensive perfume/body spray

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
Looking for a new scent. Something light & pretty. Looking to spend less than $50.

Any Bath & Body Works scents or other brands that you love for everyday perfume or body spray?

Thanks!

Victoria's Secret has a lot of nice body sprays that are reasonably priced. They seem to last me a very long time too.

DD uses the Victoria's Secret ones......there is usually a sale this time of year. She likes Love Spell
I like Bath and Body Works. Buy them on sale too. Their semi annual sale is coming up soon.
I like Moonlight Path

Last edited:
If inexpensive and widely-available is what you're interested in, try this:
f84f2acc-c6fe-4ade-bad0-a30c841dfd83_1.9e80c07958be7e717edac74206396763.jpeg

I like it for a quick spray just out of the tub, although I find the scent tends to linger longer on clothes than skin.

I guess it would really depend on the type of scent you are looking for.
Although you usually can't smell samples there, Marshalls and TJMaxx are a great place to buy perfumes.
Personally I'm a fan on Burberry perfumes. Another one that I really like but kind of feel silly admitting it is Eau de Gaga. It's Lady Gaga's second perfume (in a rectangular bottle, not the first one Fame). It's a unisex scent. I got it at Marshalls for $13.

Looking for a new scent. Something light & pretty. Looking to spend less than $50.

Any Bath & Body Works scents or other brands that you love for everyday perfume or body spray?

Thanks!

My favorite BBW scent is Sea Island Cotton. Not at all overwhelming, it's a very light scent.

I like Tabu. It smells so good and not over powering. Seen it in Marshalls, and places like that.

One of my favorite things is the scent samplers available at Sephora. You buy a bag filled with miniatures of several scents, and included is a voucher to purchase a full size of whichever scent was your favorite of the group. They also have gift sets of smaller sizes of high end fragrances, or travel sized and rollerball options as well. I wear Tory Burch Jolie Fleur Verte, but I like most of her other scents too.

Nest fragrances from Sephora and Philosophy Amazing Grace are also nice, and you can get sets within your budget.

One of my favorite things is the scent samplers available at Sephora. You buy a bag filled with miniatures of several scents, and included is a voucher to purchase a full size of whichever scent was your favorite of the group. They also have gift sets of smaller sizes of high end fragrances, or travel sized and rollerball options as well. I wear Tory Burch Jolie Fleur Verte, but I like most of her other scents too.

Nest fragrances from Sephora and Philosophy Amazing Grace are also nice, and you can get sets within your budget.

I was just going to mention Sephora. Not only do they have about a zillion fragrances to try, but a lot of their otherwise very expensive fragrances are available in rollerballs for less than $30. Ulta has a good selection of rollerballs, too.

I've been into the Replica fragrances lately. Lipstick On was in my last Sephora Play box and I loved it. Unfortunately it isn't available in a rollerball and is insanely expensive. I also like Beach Walk, and it is in a rollerball for $26.

It would depend on what type of scent you like. For example, I tend to shy away from vanilla/gourmand scents, but tons of others like them. And, scents smell different on each individual. Body chemistry really is a thing.

Here's what I would do. Go to Sephora a few times to sample various fragrances. Notice what notes are in the ones you like best. Then, go to fragrantica.com and use those notes to search for fragrances that use them. Once you've narrowed it down to a few in your price range, go back and see if you can sample them anywhere. If not, there are sites online that sell samples. One I've used is myperfumesamples.com, but there are others. You'll find a much wider variety of perfumes than are available at Sephora. These samples have saved me from buying perfume blindly that look like they'd be perfect for me from the notes, but actually do not appeal to me at all. I usually try to throw a few wild card samples in there, too. Even though I tend to shy away from gourmands, I love Queen, which is a very inexpensive, long lasting, boozy/rummy/creamy/vanilla scent. I think it was around ten bucks for a tester bottle with a coupon at fragrance.net.

Once you've found your fragrance, don't buy it at Sephora! They are very expensive. I know others swear by eBay, but I use fragrance.net. There are other discount places, too, but I can't vouch for them. I just bought a big bottle of a name brand perfume for a gift. Because they always have sales and codes, I bought this perfume for $48 vs $68 at Sephora. They often have testers, too, which are even cheaper, and they do carry a limited supply of samples. Right now, they are pretty low on samples, and they tend to carry just the same ones, but still usually a pretty good variety. I often use them as fillers for my order. I needed ten more dollars to avoid the around $5 shipping fee, so even though it was an additional net of $5 for me, I happily filled my cart with samples to get to free shipping.

Good luck with your search.

Eta: fragrantica also has user ratings on longevity. I have a guerlain mandarin basil scent that I love, and for the price, it SHOULD be long lasting, but it disappears quickly. Same thing with bath and body works white citrus. I love the scent, but I can douse myself in the stuff and lose the scent half an hour later. Bbw lotions are a better choice for me. Anyhow, if two scents are equal in your mind, ho with the one with better longevity and silage.

They also will list scents that smell similar to the one you are looking at. I didn't buy this myself, but my daughter likes McQueen, by Steve Mcquuen. Super , super expensive. But, the reviews mentioned that madonnas truth or dare, which is inexpensive, smells almost exactly like it.

Last edited:
B&BW's new one called Magic in the air is my new favorite. It is light and smells very fresh.

I also love getting the samplers from both Sephora and Ulta. A nice way to try a variety of scents.

I also recommend trying scentbird. It is a monthly perfume subscription that sends you a small vile of a high end perfume of you choice for about $15 a month. I did this last year and enjoyed it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter