Best Item at BOG Breakfast

kbmartin

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone. I'm trying to make a pre-order for BOG breakfast and was wondering what you thought was good. From the reviews I understand that the breakfast is "just okay" - it's really more about getting in the park early for me and getting to enjoy the ambiance of the restaurant. I'm probably not ordering a meal and just feasting on some pastries, but my DH is, so I was just wondering what I should recommend to him. Thanks!

I really enjoyed the croissant donut! It was rich, but very enjoyable! DH loved the eggs florentine.

The bacon egg sandwich was awesome. DH loved the croque Monsieur (spelling?).

open face sandwich was very good and the kids meal french toast (3 triangles). The fruit that came with the meal was surprisingly good. We found the pastries dry (but edible).

My sister had the charcuterie plate (good but small portions) and i had open face sandwich with eggs. It was good (the bacon was the star of the dish). In november We Will Try the croque-madame. Mmmmmm croque-madame!

437973400.jpg

578989272.jpg

im curious how much cereal is given with the kids meal, im sure thats what my son will have, but hes a big eater, i hope theres enough. also, for one reservation can we order and pay separately for a party of 5?

Curious here myself...the poached eggs on the sandwich, are the whites all the way cooked? I can't stand runny whites.

im curious how much cereal is given with the kids meal, im sure thats what my son will have, but hes a big eater, i hope theres enough.

Being a kid's meal, I would imagine that there's no more than a cup of cereal included...probably the equivalent of the individual boxes of Kellog's cereal.

Where do you go to pre-order? I see the reservations pop up, but no link to pre-order. Is that sent closer to the date or something?

Where do you go to pre-order? I see the reservations pop up, but no link to pre-order. Is that sent closer to the date or something?

At 30 days out, you can go to MDE, click on the "My Reservations and Tickets" link, then scroll down to your BOG reservation. There will be a hyperlink out to the side that you can click on to pre-order. If you're over 30 days out, it should say "Place your order starting Month, Day, Year".

I only had this one time, along with my dining partner who absolutely does not want to eat undercooked eggs. We both found the whites were completely cooked, and the yolk was on-the-way-to solid. Yolk was still wet, but not by much. Ymmv.

Forgot to add the quote - this was in response to the two people who wanted to know if the whites were cooked completely on the poached eggs.

I am so put off by the amount of high carb foods in all the selections. If you look at food pics on google, the bread is the brunt of the meal (bread is cheap so thats why they use it). Its not that I'm looking to diet while at WDW as I don't diet but I do have a WOE (way of eating) which is low carb. I'm ok with not watching my carbs too strictly while at WDW but this menu is just chocked full of carbs. Whatever happened to just bacon and eggs?

If we do decide to use our breakfast ADR, looks like the croque madame is what I'll be leaning towards. No matter what you pick, its going to be on thick bread that makes me want to choke just looking at it, apparently with, a runny egg (the Florentine's eggs are not runny but again, being served a half a cup of eggs on a loaf of of bread is off putting).

There is nothing on this menu that is proper for a diabetic to eat (I am not diabetic but diabetics also do low carb eating).

We had....

The open face bacon and egg sandwich
The charcuterie plate
The Croque Madam
The kids French Toast

All super yummy and filling!!!! I was surprised at how much we enjoyed our breakfast!

At 30 days out, you can go to MDE, click on the "My Reservations and Tickets" link, then scroll down to your BOG reservation. There will be a hyperlink out to the side that you can click on to pre-order. If you're over 30 days out, it should say "Place your order starting Month, Day, Year".

Gotcha. Thanks. Still deciding if I want to do it. Availability only shows for 1 - which is fine for me, but kind of tells me it will be a zoo.

I really enjoyed the croissant donut! It was rich, but very enjoyable! DH loved the eggs florentine.

I am glad that your DH loved the eggs florentine because I have been eyeing that dish since I was able to get an ADR. My DD12 and DD14 cannot wait to eat the croissant donut too....not sure what DH will order, there are a few things that I know he will like. I can't wait for our breakfast :goodvibes.

I still can't figure out why so many folks think BOG's breakfast is just okay. I mean, they're entitled to their opinions, of course. I just don't get it. :confused3 Even their coffee is deelish!

My teenagers are kind of picky and so is my hubby and we all loved the food there. Their pastries are not just your run-of-the-mill bread, they're homemade and fantastic! Cheap bread definitely does not come to mind. Their Eggs Florentine has been my go-to dish along with the hubby and the kids love the open-faced sandwich. We've never tried the fried donut thing, too much sugar for breakfast for us, but we haven't been disappointed once and we've been for times since they started serving breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter