• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Jazz Options?

disygirl

Earning My Ears
My child is in middle school jazz band and has requested wanting to see lots of jazz music. Any suggestions of best options and what not to miss?

Well, there is some jazz played in DCA near the fountain on Buena Vista street, but I don't know what the times are. There is a great singer who is quite entertaining.

Not sure about other live music, but maybe/probably? New Orleans Square would have something--you could try googling it.

Jazz Kitchen in DTD has occasional live entertainment. Here is their schedule https://www.jazzkitchencoastalgrill.com/music/

Five and Dime in DCA is amazing! I think that is who Dizme was talking about?
You don't say when you will be there but Phat Cat Swinger plays select days during the holidays at DCA on the Palisades Stage.

There is a fairly new projection show on the Rivers of America in New Orleans Square called The Heartbeat of New Orleans – A Living Mural. From the Disney site
“Set to a dynamic jazz score, projections on the Rivers of America will tell a short, whimsical tale of a mischievous little frog from the bayou that leaps into the lively heartbeat of New Orleans when he is lured by the jazzy sounds he hears in the distance."

If Standard Mel & Quartet are in DCA (Paradise Gardens, DTD, and sometimes the GCH lobby), they're great. Mel (Melanie Collins) also plays Dime, and we will always stop to listen when we see her with that group. Jazz Cartel sometimes plays in DTD and in DCA. NOS has live jazz -- Jambalaya Jazz and The Royal Street Bachelors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter