• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best KTTK Time Slot & Why?

Chris Ehlers

Disney DeadHead
Booking Next week our KTTK Tour and wondering what is the best time slot for seeing all things MK? We don't mind the heat as we live in SC so wanting to see what others feel is the best time to see things like parades and maybe princesses and other characters when in the Utilidors. Thanks

When we did KTTK, we chose the earliest tour time so that we'd have more time in the park after the tour was over. I guess on the flip side, if you choose the latest tour time, maybe you could rope drop a ride or two? But that might be risky because I don't think that you can catch-up and join your tour late.

I don't know anything about schedules for when you might see people in the Utilidors. We were lucky that when we were under the castle, we saw Cinderella as she was on her way to CRT (I assume), and she waved at us. On the tour, you aren't supposed to initiate contact with the CMs in the Utilidors, but if they initiate, you can wave and say hello back.

Our tour was first thing in the morning. I was very impressed. The warehouses for the floats were great to see and closer than you could imagine. However, the Utilidors was the real hit for me. It was packed for our walk thru and four of the princesses were on their way to wardrobe. Their hair and makeup were finished, but they had on shorts and jeans as they passed by smiling and waving. Excellent tour.

Our tour was first thing in the morning. I was very impressed. The warehouses for the floats were great to see and closer than you could imagine. However, the Utilidors was the real hit for me. It was packed for our walk thru and four of the princesses were on their way to wardrobe. Their hair and makeup were finished, but they had on shorts and jeans as they passed by smiling and waving. Excellent tour.
Awesome Thank you!

Last month we did the latest tour at 9:30 am so we could take advantage of rope drop waits. Rope dropped SM and Buzz with an 8:30 am EE, and even with a slightly delayed open for SM made it to the tour easily by 9:30.

Because we started later, we saw the parade preparations right before they left—all the floats were out, all the characters were milling about (even Minnie and Mickey without their heads on!), and we saw them using cherry pickers to put characters on some floats! Utilidors were great but can’t we saw as many princesses as the others. Maybe those were the same CM who we saw on the floats for the parade.

All in all, sounds like any of the times will work out well! Enjoy!!

Last month we did the latest tour at 9:30 am so we could take advantage of rope drop waits. Rope dropped SM and Buzz with an 8:30 am EE, and even with a slightly delayed open for SM made it to the tour easily by 9:30.

Because we started later, we saw the parade preparations right before they left—all the floats were out, all the characters were milling about (even Minnie and Mickey without their heads on!), and we saw them using cherry pickers to put characters on some floats! Utilidors were great but can’t we saw as many princesses as the others. Maybe those were the same CM who we saw on the floats for the parade.

All in all, sounds like any of the times will work out well! Enjoy!!
Thank you!!! :)

I just booked this for my upcoming trip in the 9:30am slot. I am so excited to see "behind the scenes"
Did you have a reason for the 9:30 slot? I'm looking at the 9:30 and the 9am as I hear its about 2.5 hours of the tour before you head backstage which would put you around 11-11:30 right before the Parade

Did you have a reason for the 9:30 slot? I'm looking at the 9:30 and the 9am as I hear its about 2.5 hours of the tour before you head backstage which would put you around 11-11:30 right before the Parade
It was the only time available but I hear you get to see a lot of the festival of fantasy parade prep

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter