Best Lunch or Dinner Buffet

Disney Lover

Going back to the World...
I was wondering what is the best lunch or dinner buffet for a group of four adults. I heard that usually the food at lunchtime is the same but less expensive. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also, how much do they usually cost.

I think it depends on what you're looking for. I'm not sure of many lunch buffets. There used to be one at Hollywood and Vine at MGM, but I'm not sure if it's still there.

As for dinner buffets, We've been to Park Fare, Chef Mickey and Whispering Canyon, which, while not a buffet can be family style all you can eat.

I love them all, there's more variety at Park Fare, Chef Mickey is fun (even for adults DH and I went there without kids and really enjoyed it) and we love Whispering Canyon. I'd do my research ~ the Dis has info on all restaurants I believe, and find out what suits your needs best.

If you are adventurous and want to try some delightful new foods, try Boma at AKL for dinner.

For seafood lovers, try Cape May Cafe's clam-bake. There is plenty on the buffet to choose from including fresh steamed clams and mussels, peel and eat shrimp, BBQ ribs, several different salads, and many more items, which change seasonally. They also have crab legs available at an additional charge.

trail's end is probably the best for comfort food, for families with children, etc. The decor and atmostphere are, well, I guess you have to get it. It reminds me of summer camp. It isn't some new-fangled themed place or anything. But it has ribs that are better than whispering canyon, shrimp tastier than akershaus, fried chicken wings from hoop de doo, disney style pizza, stouffers mac and cheese, edible chili, and something on the cutting board. It is sort of old school disney when you go to fort wilderness, and a lot of people probably don't get it, but for a relaxed, family friendly easy going all you can eat comfort food meal that is a bargain in wdw, you can't beat it.

I second the vote for Trail's End. It's a nice place to take a mid-day break from the MK. Just take the boat over! The atmosphere is western-themed with red checkered tablecloths, country western music, etc.

For lunch, I vote for Biergarten in Epcot. May be OK for dinner, too-we've only gone for lunch. Yummy, all you can eat, including dessert. Don't remember cost-probably on Deb Wills site.

I have to get my vote in for Trails End, too. It's a nice break and the food is good. I like most all the buffet's, but this one is one of my favorites.

I am not big on buffets at all but if I had to pick one at WDW it would be Cape May buffet for dinner. But that is because I love clams and mussels so I just eat to my hearts content all the seafood. The rest of the entree's I find just medicore and typical buffet fare.
If we are in the mood for an "all you can eat" meal, we much more prefer O'Hana or Whispering Canyon where you are brought hot, fresh food to your table.

I think the 2 best dinner buffets are both non character.

We love the Cape May clam bake and we also really like Boma. Two totally different buffets with plenty of entrees for even picky eaters.

If you would like a nice quiet atmosphere I would suggest Akershus in Norway. We also did Cape May in August too. Very crowded. 2 hour wait for walk ups. Biergarten is good for the atmosphere as well as ohanas. If you are going at a busy time of year you might want to make a ps. We also did Trails End in Aug, just dh and I. We got seated quickly. The food was a good bargain and the atmosphere was countryfied.Wew take the ds with us to the character ones and did lunch at Crystal Palace in aug. Also did the FTP at Hollywood and Vine. This too was sold out and no walk ins were accepted as was the crystal palace.

I cast another vote for the Clam Bake Dinner Buffet at the Beach Club. The wide variety of seafood and non-seafood dishes will appeal to everyone. They even have cold salads like their seafood salad which I thought was very good.
All the food is high quality and we have never been disappointed in this dinner.
Their desserts are also very good but we eat so much dinner that we ususally have very little or no room left for desserts.

For a dinner buffet, go with Boma at least once. Great food and interesting atmosphere make it our fav!

Garden Grill at Epcot (the Land), Whispering Canyon (Wilderness Lodge) and Ohana's (Polynesian) are all all-you-can-eat served family style and they were our favorite meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter