Best Mask Available to Buy (now that gaiters in all forms have been confirmed as banned)?

volfan1978

SuperDad
I know that many of us who had identified comfortable neck gaiters as our mask of choice for upcoming Disney trips are disappointed by Disney's decision to disallow them (even the ones with ear loops). This has been confirmed on these boards by contact with Guest Services. Whether or not they should be allowed is no longer a fruitful discussion...that ship seems to have sailed.

With that in mind, what are the most comfortable masks you can buy for outdoor wear in the heat? I'm not talking about what's the best material you can make masks out of--I have no sewing skills nor do I have time to learn. I'm talking about an off-the-shelf item that's ready to wear without any further modifications.

Annnnnnnd...go.

I just bought the one from the Under Armor Website. It won’t get here until August (backordered) but hoping that if it’s meant for People who exercise then it would be comfortable in the Florida heat. I bought it for my husband who likes the gaiters. A lot of masks haven’t been fitting him but I was able to buy the Mask in the xl/2xl size. Crossing my fingers it works for him. We go to WDW in September.

I have some sewing skills. Anyone had success in using the same cooling material used for gaiters and turning it into a mask? One that isn't pressed against the face tightly, similar to a gaiter. I'm thinking I could buy one more gaiter and make several masks out of them. Or would making masks out of a cooling shirt work? I could get that for a fraction of the price at a thrift store. I've already spent $75 on gaiters (for work and theme parks) and hadn't planned on spending any more!

I have some sewing skills. Anyone had success in using the same cooling material used for gaiters and turning it into a mask? One that isn't pressed against the face tightly, similar to a gaiter. I'm thinking I could buy one more gaiter and make several masks out of them. Or would making masks out of a cooling shirt work? I could get that for a fraction of the price at a thrift store. I've already spent $75 on gaiters (for work and theme parks) and hadn't planned on spending any more!
This video may help convert your gaiter into a mask. Best of all it requires no thread or needle. I bought burnout fabric at Joanns and made a mask. When I hold the material up I can see the neightbors house across the street it is so thin. You can buy a burnout t-shirt from Walmart online if you can't find the fabric in the store and cut it up.

This is what burnout fabric looks like. As you can see it is very see through
https://www.amazon.com/CRZ-YOGA-Bur...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Last edited:
If I ever get to the World I will be using the paper disposables. Ordered a 50 pack off Office Depot yesterday for $14.99 plus free shipping (the sale info was on slickdeals website) Thought it was paper, but offer says soft non-woven fabric, which turns out to be polypropylene. 1 day shipping, they are supposed to come today.

I got the Adidas one on ebay..
Being from texas i can tell you the ones for working out are the best.
Its made of spandex

I've been buying home-made 2 layer (with a pocket to add a filter) locally for $5/mask. These have worked out fine except for the silky ones. Oops. Those slip. But the cotton ones work well.

I like my mask from Electric Styles. They are not too bad for AZ heat. It’s 115 today so nothing is amazing, but I ordered a second one!

This is a great idea... I am going to check this out..

I work in a kitchen so...heat.. and i find the most comfortable so far are the two pack for four dollar ones from Target! Super cheap and comfy as a mask can be. Looking into the athletic branded ones though now that my gym is also requiring them. I live in louisiana and they are mandated in the whole state

I used a mask from Vera Bradley. It’s thin and very comfortable around the ears. DH and DD14 preferred the disposable masks. We bought DS a Mickey mask at one of the shops.

Has anyone bought the Disney masks from the Disney store? They are really cute and not too expensive but I saw bad reviews. I would really like some Disney masks for when we go but don't wanna spend a fortune.

Has anyone bought the Disney masks from the Disney store? They are really cute and not too expensive but I saw bad reviews. I would really like some Disney masks for when we go but don't wanna spend a fortune.

I bought them. They are not good. Buy something else. They run extremely small. They recently had to add an extra large, I believe. The elastic is so stiff that it pulls on your ears. They are a heavy fabric to be wearing in the Florida heat. The quality control was bad; when you buy a set of one size, they may measure differently. See this thread

https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-face-masks-for-sell.3804268/

I bought them. They are not good. Buy something else. They run extremely small. They recently had to add an extra large, I believe. The elastic is so stiff that it pulls on your ears. They are a heavy fabric to be wearing in the Florida heat. The quality control was bad; when you buy a set of one size, they may measure differently. See this thread

https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-face-masks-for-sell.3804268/
Thank you. I think every review of them was really bad. Just wanted to find out from someone on here if they had the same experience. I may try to make my own.

Jaanuu sells masks- I love them? 5/$25 adult and kids sizes. Light weight, no nose bridge thing but fit well. Many prints but the 5 are all same size and fabric color. I got gray then just ordered floral. Gave some to a friend and she likes also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter