Best Masks for hot and humid weather.

slyster

DIS Veteran
Have any of you found good, breathable masks to be better for those hot and humid days at the park? We are heading to DW at end of August. We have been there at that time and I know how hot it is! Any suggestions for masks that breathe and do better than others?

We went in august and after trying a variety of masks I settled on the standard plain blue paper mask. It was the lightest and loosest for me. The heat was awful with the mask on and I passed out while sitting on a bench at DHS.

I used the white cotton wicking masks from Hanes. I also had a box of their "X-Temp" masks.

Both were terrific in the early September heat and humidity. Frankly, didn't notice a difference between the two.

Following along because we're going in early June.

On a side note, here in AZ, my DH swears by the Under Armor masks.

I’ve tried several types of masks and prefer the disposables. I go through around 4 a day in hot weather. This was on week long tripe in July and September

I just looked at the Hanes masks - they are only two ply so that's probably why they are breathable.

Out walking around, much prefer the disposable ones. Light and breathable.
That is what DH wears all the time around home too (AZ)

I haven't been in Disney heat but I've had to perform physical activity in the summer heat this past year and the standard cheap blue disposable surgical masks worked best.

Dan

I've been using the "everyday" masks from Athletica and I absolutely love them. I think they are technically 3 ply but the fabric is thin and breathable, yet they feel very protective. For example, when I'm wearing it I can put my hand up to my mouth and breath but not feel the air pass through it, if that makes sense. The ear loops are adjustable and it comes with a metal nose bridge which I really like because I feel like it makes a really nice seal around my face.

I think that changing them out more often is important to keep cool. Also, I noticed that I did not drink as often as I should have because you are always stopping and trying to find an out of way place to drink and it becomes a hassle. It is too easy to become dehydrated. I feel that they need more areas that you can distance and take you mask off. As the temperatures get hotter, I can see more dehydration issues in the parks.

Also, I noticed that I did not drink as often as I should have because you are always stopping and trying to find an out of way place to drink and it becomes a hassle. It is too easy to become dehydrated. I feel that they need more areas that you can distance and take you mask off. As the temperatures get hotter, I can see more dehydration issues in the parks.

Thanks for the reminder about this. We’ll have to keep this in mind for our summer trip.

Dan

I saw on another post that someone recommended pomchies so I ordered a few and they just came 2 days ago and they are AMAZING! I can't even tell you. And I'm kicking myself for not finding these a year ago! But it's crazy how much better you can breathe out of them. They are soft and thin too. I don't know what the material is but it makes the biggest difference. I also did the candle test wearing it because I was a bit worried about how effective they were but they completely passed. I'm going to be ordering so many more of these for our trip this summer!

I’ve tried a lot of different masks and my favorites are the old navy cotton masks. We wore them throughout our 11 day August Disney trip and found them to be comfortable and breathable even in the extreme heat and humidity. They also come in tons of colors and patterns so you can coordinate with your outfits. They are my staple, everyday mask outside of Disney as well.

for those that use the disposables, is there a specific brand you buy, or store you buy at, or do you just buy what you find? Amazon has about a zillion to choose from and I want to get good ones that don't have bad ear straps or fall apart.

for those that use the disposables, is there a specific brand you buy, or store you buy at, or do you just buy what you find? Amazon has about a zillion to choose from and I want to get good ones that don't have bad ear straps or fall apart.
While I usually use the cloth old navy masks mentioned above, I like these for the gym and for layering with my n95 mask on the plane (nice to toss em after getting sweaty or traveling). They are comfortable and good quality - haven’t had any ear loops break. And that price is a steal! They were way more when I bought them earlier in the pandemic:
Disposable Face Masks - 50 PCS - For Home & Office - 3-Ply Breathable & Comfortable Filter Safety Mask https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084TQKLC...abc_6E5MKW4X7M4774KGJWNV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter