• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Non Disney hotel???

Micka Mouse

Mouseketeer
Hi!
I'm taking my daughter to Orlando for her 16th birthday next month. We can't stay in a WDW hotel, because of cost. What is the best non disney hotel in the area?? I'm not going super cheap.....A great pool is a plus. Would love a "Disney feel", but I know I can't have it all LOL!!! Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!!!
Shannon

There are a few near Disney Springs "sister hotels" Check out Best Western Buena Vista. It runs a shuttle to the parks every 30 minutes and to Disney Springs in the evening (or you can walk to DS if you are up to it).
The best part is that you can make fp selection at 60 days just like at a Disney hotel. I have found the best price at Undercover Tourist and even with the daily fee added on (around $14/day it is still a great deal).
Some rooms are even marketed as Disney view as you can actually see the nightly fireworks.

Definitely check out Airbnb. We just booked a 4 bedroom 3 bathroom villa in a gated community with access to a club house, pool, gym, child activity room. Sleeps both mine and my sisters family for a total of 10 people. 5 adults 3 children. 2 babies. We paid 1175 for 7 nights. Split between the 2 families 587 CDN each. For less people you could definitely find a cheaper stay.

Check out SkyAuction - they have a bidding system and you can get decent hotels in the area. Our favorite non-Disney is the Sheraton Vistana Resort. You can get a 1 or 2 bedroom condo with a lanai and great pools, etc. We love it there. Check out AllEars. Sometimes you can get their price through their link depending on when you are going. Always get the no housekeeping option too, it's cheaper.

I stayed a couple times at Buena Vista Palace on work trips, which was recently purchased by Hilton (http://www.buenavistapalace.com/). You could easily walk to Disney Springs which was nice in the evening for dinner and entertainment. It also used to be nice with the old bus drop to jump on Disney transportation (now you have to walk a bit more to the new loop). Looks like Hilton upped the prices but it is still less than a moderate. The busing was just OK to the parks since it was shared with a few other hotels. Probably ran ever 30 minutes or so.

Register for Mousesavers.com to get notices of special on hotels in the area. Most have shuttles to the park - just have to check on how often the shuttles will run. Can be inconvenient if they only run a few times a day.

Ditto for the Best Western Lake Buena Vista. Rates are great (discounts for AAA, other cards) and the shuttle bus every 30 minutes to all parks is very convenient. Plus a short walk to Disney Springs or to the nearby shopping area with grocery stores and restaurants (Chevy's, Pizzeria Uno). Plus for 2018 you get EMH (Extra Magic Hours) and 60-day fast pass access (if they get their computer sync'd with Disney's).

The Disney Springs resorts, unless you get very lucky, will cost as much as a Disney value. I'd check out expedia, and see what comes up in your price range. But if you are not going to have a car, keep in mind the off site shuttles are no where near as convenient as the Disney shuttles. And some resorts charge for you to use them.

Hi!
I'm taking my daughter to Orlando for her 16th birthday next month. We can't stay in a WDW hotel, because of cost. What is the best non disney hotel in the area?? I'm not going super cheap.....A great pool is a plus. Would love a "Disney feel", but I know I can't have it all LOL!!! Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!!!
Shannon
For super cheap, I would go with Skyauction. Make sure that you read and understand ALL the fine print. Two years ago I booked a 1 BR at Cypress Palms (10-15 min drive to the parks) for less than $225 for the whole week. Also check eBay for timeshare rentals.

ETA: Whoops! You *don't* want to go super cheap. Nevermind! I would look at the Disney Springs hotels. Check over at Mouse Savers for good discounts for nearby hotels.

Last edited:
Best non-Disney that's close, Swan/Dolphin, since you are still on property. But there are others that are just off site that are good too.

Thank you, everyone! I am going through jetblue, which has great deals on air/hotel. I also decided to bring both my girls, and the price pp was cheaper once I added my second dd. We don't arrive until after midnight, so I was concerned about how I was going to get to my hotel. I guess Disney just makes me feel more comfortable when traveling. After aloooooooot of second guessing myself, I decided on CBR. I'm comfortable there and magical express will bring me to the hotel.

I appreciate all your advice!
Shannon

I also decided to bring both my girls, and the price pp was cheaper once I added my second dd.
Well of course it did, it was dividing the hotel by three instead of two...

I hope the construction at CBR isn’t intrusive on your stay—have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter