Best of Part 2 - Ohanas

soupy11

Cast Member Wannabe
Wow I just listened to this review and I cannot believe how far away the experience they had was from my own! I understand they are trying to be funny but wow! Cross dressers and WD40 in the salad? Good grief! :rotfl2:

I meant to post this after hearing Kevin's Ohana review the first time but did anyone read the thread about the female entertainer from there who was fired when a guy "accidentally" got an upskirt shot of her and then proceeded to complain to Disney about her being indecent?

Turns out the guy was laying on the floor, taking pictures of his kid doing the limbo and got the shot that no one else in the restaurant could've possibly seen. AND she was wearing the appropriate undergarments, not like some other celebuskanks I can name..... She was later re-instated but I wonder if it's the same "female impersonator" he's talking about! ;)

The search function doesn't seem to be working, otherwise I'd post the link to the original thread......

Denice T.
Olathe, KS

I meant to post this after hearing Kevin's Ohana review the first time but did anyone read the thread about the female entertainer from there who was fired when a guy "accidentally" got an upskirt shot of her and then proceeded to complain to Disney about her being indecent?

Turns out the guy was laying on the floor, taking pictures of his kid doing the limbo and got the shot that no one else in the restaurant could've possibly seen. AND she was wearing the appropriate undergarments, not like some other celebuskanks I can name..... She was later re-instated but I wonder if it's the same "female impersonator" he's talking about! ;)

The search function doesn't seem to be working, otherwise I'd post the link to the original thread......

Denice T.
Olathe, KS

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....+ fired+Ohana

I posted this in another thread in this forum but it got overlooked I think. But here is the story about that performer. It seems it may be the same person that Kevin and John experienced. I guess she has some loyal fans.

We like Ohana very much; sometimes the criticisms are harsh, but then again so are the prices. ;)

Kevin's review was spot on aside from being hilarious. The food is not good. A Lapu Lapu sipped on the beach is a much nicer way to take in the gorgeous Polynesian Resort atmosphere.

I agree! I have never been to Ohana myself, but I was booked to go on my last trip. Something ended up happening that night and we had to cancel, I was extremely disappointed. After hearing Kevin's review... not so much. I just can't believe how bad it is. I've heard such AMAZING things from people on the DIS about it. Still, one day I would like to try it for myself because I just love the Poly and I would really enjoy the drag queen-like singer, i'm sure she/he's a hoot! Hopefully they will improve in the future since the podcast team said that it used to be good.

We listened to the review also when it first came out. I think it was probably the first podcast I actually listened too. I have heard other negative reviews but had heard quite a few positive ones also so decided to try it for myself. We really enjoyed it. The kids had a ball and enjoyed the entire experience. Maybe we would have had a different opinion if we had been just a couple but as a group travelling with kids it really worked for us. I didn't find it expensive but then find food prices in the US a lot cheaper than they are here. We pay the same price to eat in a pub here and for a lot less food.

So funny this should be brought up now! I just went back last night and played the dining review for my mom. I was trying to explain to her how I had heard of Texas de Brazil since I'd never been to that restaurant. What a great trip down memory lane!!! :lmao:

I always find posts regarding Ohana's interesting. I've read so many bad reviews, and heard a few, but I guess it really depends on the person, or maybe the day you are there?

The reason I say this is we have been there twice in the past year, once for breakfast, and once for dinner. Each time we had a GREAT experience. More food than we could have possibly eaten, cooked well, and lots of choices. Our service has always been beyond excellent, and our DD, 5 at the time, has a blast with the interactive stuff they do. Price wise, I can't judge, as we are always on the dining plan, so were covered. :)

As Kevin always says, reviews are opinions.... I'll smile to myself every time I think of "Keess on the Leeps." :worship:

Maybe LeCellier should take a clue from Ohana and hire a Drag Dudley Do-Right to distract from the shrinking portions. (IMHO)

Against our better judgement, we ate here last week. The meats were all very charred/tough. The shrimp and wings were good though. We were seated in that section near the bar away from the windows and entertainment which kept some of the noise down from the entertainer. The biggest bummer was that she never did the 'keess on the leeps' part.

Lapu Lapus were awesome as always.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter