Best Off Site Resorts

Since the indefinite cancellation of DME and removal of EMH, complimentary magic bands, luggage tags, etc, it seems to be the best time to seriously consider staying at an off property resort to save $. What are everyone's favorite off site resorts to stay at when traveling to WDW?
We just stayed at the Hilton Garden BV Palace in December. Great price (less than $200 a night since we booked pretty late) and an easy walk over to Disney Springs. Beds were comfortable and the view was great as well

I love Orange Lake. West Village section is my favorite. So close to the Western Way “back” entrance to Disney property.

Ditto. In addition to our DVC, we also own a three bedroom dedicated week at OLCC. We love it there and heading back in March.

A few thoughts, I've been to a few conventions in Orlando over the years. Unless you can wake up and walk to or take a boat to MK, HS or Epcot, WDW hotels aren't worth much anymore.

The Gaylord Palms is beautiful. The rooms are comfortable, great dining choices, nice pool and grounds. The rates are similar to a WDW value, only a much nicer hotel. Maybe $175/night for a standard room without discounts in the height of spring break season.

Rosen Shingle Creek is also lovely. The rooms are pretty and comfortable, wonderful dining options, great pool, nice grounds. Even better rates than the Gaylord at about $167/night for a standard room during spring break.

Even more upsetting is how you can get a reasonably nice, enormous timeshare condo for basically pennies. My parents belong to Diamond Resorts. They love it. Because of their experience, I've stayed in Diamond resorts in Virginia Beach and Williamsburg. They are really solid for an inexpensive family getaway. Plenty of room to just hangout, cook dinner, play games, watch TV and really relax as a family. Some of the resorts even have restaurants and cafes. Anyway, a couple of years ago, my parents stayed at Polynesian Isles by Diamond while we stayed at Caribbean Beach. I was shocked by how we could drive to their resort in about 10 minutes. Okay, Caribbean Beach has amazing grounds and that awesome pool, but otherwise it's a tarted up motel with garbage beds. At Polynesian Isles my parents had a two bedroom, two bath condo with a full kitchen, large living/dining area and a lanai. It runs about $160/night during spring break. The grounds are nice enough, the beds are always good, there are palm trees, a playground, pool, hot tub, etc.

Sometimes, I'm just like "why am I staying at the Disney resort? I'm an idiot."

A few thoughts, I've been to a few conventions in Orlando over the years. Unless you can wake up and walk to or take a boat to MK, HS or Epcot, WDW hotels aren't worth much anymore.

The Gaylord Palms is beautiful. The rooms are comfortable, great dining choices, nice pool and grounds. The rates are similar to a WDW value, only a much nicer hotel. Maybe $175/night for a standard room without discounts in the height of spring break season.

Rosen Shingle Creek is also lovely. The rooms are pretty and comfortable, wonderful dining options, great pool, nice grounds. Even better rates than the Gaylord at about $167/night for a standard room during spring break.

Even more upsetting is how you can get a reasonably nice, enormous timeshare condo for basically pennies. My parents belong to Diamond Resorts. They love it. Because of their experience, I've stayed in Diamond resorts in Virginia Beach and Williamsburg. They are really solid for an inexpensive family getaway. Plenty of room to just hangout, cook dinner, play games, watch TV and really relax as a family. Some of the resorts even have restaurants and cafes. Anyway, a couple of years ago, my parents stayed at Polynesian Isles by Diamond while we stayed at Caribbean Beach. I was shocked by how we could drive to their resort in about 10 minutes. Okay, Caribbean Beach has amazing grounds and that awesome pool, but otherwise it's a tarted up motel with garbage beds. At Polynesian Isles my parents had a two bedroom, two bath condo with a full kitchen, large living/dining area and a lanai. It runs about $160/night during spring break. The grounds are nice enough, the beds are always good, there are palm trees, a playground, pool, hot tub, etc.

Sometimes, I'm just like "why am I staying at the Disney resort? I'm an idiot."
This is why we always stay at swan/dolphin. Incredible value when compared to the Disney properties right next door. Add in the fact I can use my Amex points to pay for the stay and it’s a no brainer.

I also now see no point in staying at a Disney resort any longer. Not that I’m planning on going back until maybe another year or so, but when I do, there is just no point in paying their prices for an inferior quality to what is available in the area.

As far as off site resorts, the best I’ve experienced for proximity was Marriott’s Sabal Palms. The villa was so nice and quiet; it felt more like an apartment than a resort. We loved the huge space, and I grilled a couple dinners using the gas grill right outside our front door. Parking was easy right outside, and we could drive to the Boardwalk Inn in under 10 minutes door to door.

I’m booked into a trade with our timeshare at Lakeshore Reserve over the summer (may or may not go), but if I do go, I won’t be visiting Disney probably.

We absolutely LOVE Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek (timeshare condos). The buildings all surround a pretty lake with a well lit walkway all the way around and music - romantic. Several beautiful pool areas, lazy rivers, kids' splash pad, pirate pool, playground, mini-golf, recreation rooms. Condo units have 1-4 BRs, nicely done. Couple cafe and lake/poolside bars as well as Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek (hotel) restaurants - the hotel is also located on that lake. We love the feel and look of the resort, for our non-park days too.

Across the parking lots, also in Bonnet Creek, there's the Hilton Bonnet Creek and the Waldorf Astoria Orlando (and golf club)... so plenty of restaurants within walking distance. The location of Bonnet Creek is a short drive to the parks... the property borders Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort property. So it's a 2-3 minute drive to Typhoon Lagoon, 5 minutes to Disney Springs, 5-10 minutes to either DHS or Epcot. It's in a great spot!

Sherton Vistana (Either Villages or Resort). Both are less than 10 minutes drive to WDW, and you have options for 1 or 2 bedroom aprtments, sleeping up to 8 people. It's great having a kitchen and laundry facilities in room, and the parking is right outside your building.

We absolutely LOVE Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek (timeshare condos). The buildings all surround a pretty lake with a well lit walkway all the way around and music - romantic. Several beautiful pool areas, lazy rivers, kids' splash pad, pirate pool, playground, mini-golf, recreation rooms. Condo units have 1-4 BRs, nicely done. Couple cafe and lake/poolside bars as well as Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek (hotel) restaurants - the hotel is also located on that lake. We love the feel and look of the resort, for our non-park days too.

Across the parking lots, also in Bonnet Creek, there's the Hilton Bonnet Creek and the Waldorf Astoria Orlando (and golf club)... so plenty of restaurants within walking distance. The location of Bonnet Creek is a short drive to the parks... the property borders Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort property. So it's a 2-3 minute drive to Typhoon Lagoon, 5 minutes to Disney Springs, 5-10 minutes to either DHS or Epcot. It's in a great spot!

I’ll be there on Sunday! Thanks for the glowing review, we are super excited!

As a DL regular planning a WDW trip, choosing the hotel is the HARDEST part. When we go to DL we have three resort hotels to choose from and a handful of offsite, everything within walking distance. This is helping me narrow it down.

We love Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Grand Beach Resort, Silver Lake Resort, Summer Bay Resort, Cypress Pointe Resort, Sheraton Vistana Resort, and BlueTree Resort, giving slight advantage to Wyndham Bonnet Creek for it's proximity to the parks.

We've been priced out of Disney resorts for some time now, first as a family of 5, then 6, so we've been staying at the above resorts for years. Once you see all you can get for the price, you'll never go back IMO. Happy planning!

Since the indefinite cancellation of DME and removal of EMH, complimentary magic bands, luggage tags, etc, it seems to be the best time to seriously consider staying at an off property resort to save $. What are everyone's favorite off site resorts to stay at when traveling to WDW?

Completely depends on your budget, will you have a car, how much space do you want, style of lodging and what kind of amenities you want.

After around 150 stays on property (and lots off) we are now a completely off property family. Perks stopped happening for us a long time ago and once the security check issue started we moved off property. I'd rather spend my money on special events or return trips than a hotel room. We stay hotels, suites, timeshare/condo units etc. Currently I am booked at Orlando Grand in 3 bedroom this summer (6 of us), and Grande Vista in studio suit in October (2 of us).

For your first move offsite I agree with this ⬇

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter