Best Offsite hotel

minnie_erin

Earning My Ears
Looking to stay within walking distance 15 mins (we are fast walkers) and under $130/night. Breakfast would be a huge bonus as well! What suggestions (or places to avoid!) do you have? Thanks!

You might try Kings Inn. They seem to have reasonable rates and gets decent reviews. I have not stayed there yet.

Thanks for the help!

One more question. How difficult would it be to stay 6 miles away and Uber? We are rope drop to closers so no need to walk back mid day.

Stovalls. It's one block further than Paradise Pier. Clean rooms, free breakfast, $10 parking per night. Unless you are going during a very busy time, you should be able to get a room, including taxes and $10 parking fee for around $130. (we did for March). It's about a 10 minute walk to downtown disney and security and another 10 to the entrance of the parks. If the monorail is running,and you are not going for rope drop, that will save some walking. Also, on the way back you can cut through the Grand Californian to save some time (not allowed during the morning hours). We don't mind the walk. It's actually nice and landscaped and away from the hustle and bustle of Harbor Blvd.

Thanks for the help!

One more question. How difficult would it be to stay 6 miles away and Uber? We are rope drop to closers so no need to walk back mid day.
If I had no kids I’d be inclined to do this and stay in a hotel rather than a motel.

Thanks for the help!

I think 6 miles is probably too far away with traffic. You could probably extend your search out a little more as long as the ART goes to your hotel. Especially if you don't take a midday break. We stayed at the Four Points right across I5. My DH walked from Disneyland and I took the bus. I think it might be in your price range.

Try doing an Uber estimate for the place you're looking at to someplace close to Downtown Disney. The place I'm booked in is four miles away, and the Uber cost was $10. A $20 round trip without having to deal with the parking garage is better than the $25 parking fee at the lot.

We stayed at Melia Orlando Suites last summer and loved it, they have a free shuttle as well. The price is great and the rooms large with kitchens.

When are you going? The earlier you book the cheaper it usually is, the season also figures in the prices. $130 is doable even right across the street from DLR - I have stayed at DI&S, Tropicana, and The Anaheim Hotel for less. Of course you would get a nicer hotel further away, but we prefer location over amenities. You could also check out Priceline Express Deal or Hotwire Hot Rates. I just got the Anaheim for $81 (including taxes and fees) for Nov on HW.

Anything closer will be well over 170-200 a night

I think this will depend greatly on time of year and even the specific days within the month that you are going. I regularly stay right across the street for less than $150 a night. Utilizing a AAA or other discount also helps. Interestingly I've often find that almost all hotels along Harbor will be within the same price range, but just one of the hotels will have a much lower price on my dates. But this one hotel seems to be different each trip. This past trip, Castle Inn prices were well below the other nearby hotels for the same weekend, so we stayed there. On other trips, Desert Inn & Suites had the much lower price, and other times it's been Tropicana or Camelot Inn. I swear they collude to have a rotating schedule of which hotels will offer the low price each week!

For this reason it pays to check all prices every time and be willing to try new hotels, rather than being locked into a favorite.

Thanks for the help!

You could do that but the Uber with traffic during morning rush hour and the night return uber will likely end up bumping your daily cost up to the point where you might be better off to just pay more for a hotel within walking distance. What dates are you considering? That is a big factor.

If you are ok with something a bit further out check Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim South, bit to far to walk but an Uber would be quick. Google showed rates of $122

Again, read Hydroguy's tips thread, that I referenced above... particularly Hydroguy's Hotel Rule. If you can stay within walking distance, do it!

Looking to stay within walking distance 15 mins (we are fast walkers) and under $130/night. Breakfast would be a huge bonus as well! What suggestions (or places to avoid!) do you have? Thanks!
Read these threads -- great info for you:
"HydroGuy's Hotel Rule" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1199862
"Choosing the Right DLR Area Hotel for You" www.disboards.com/threads/choosing-the-right-hotel-for-you.3656512/

Look on Google Maps at hotels around the Toy Story parking lot on Harbor -- hotels that are walking distance to that lot may look too far to walk to the parks, but you can walk to TS for the free shuttle buses to/from the parks.
Also look at hotels near the M&F and Pixar Pals parking structures -- if you can walk to the structure, you can take the free tram to/from the parks or walk to DTD, e.g. Super 8 on Disneyland Dr., Majestic Garden (also has a private shuttle), etc.
Try looking in Garden Grove -- once you get outside the "Anaheim Resort District," rates can go down, and some of the hotels are only a mile south of the parks on Harbor, e.g. Embassy Suites Garden Grove, Hampton Inn & Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, etc.

When are you going? The earlier you book the cheaper it usually is, the season also figures in the prices. $130 is doable even right across the street from DLR - I have stayed at DI&S, Tropicana, and The Anaheim Hotel for less. Of course you would get a nicer hotel further away, but we prefer location over amenities. You could also check out Priceline Express Deal or Hotwire Hot Rates. I just got the Anaheim for $81 (including taxes and fees) for Nov on HW.
We stay at The Anaheim, love the short walk. Rooms are quite comfortable. How does it compare to Tropicana? That’s an unbelievable deal for $81/night. Did you know the hotel name before booking?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter