Best one park per day, EE strategy with G+ for the holiday season

mickey+minnie91

Mouseketeer
Hi,
Heading to the parks Tomorrow through Wednesday, just the hubby and I. What is your current strategy for this holiday season?

Lots of variables to consider. the Rope drop thread has good overall tips and is well worth a read.

The main thing is that if you want to get the most out of EE, you need to be in the park as quickly as possible. 30 minutes is not a long time and if you spend 10 of it just getting into the park...well...you can do the math.

So early to security, early to the line, early into the park, and then the world is your oyster. It's more effective in DL since there are more attractions that don't have pre-shows or take a lot of time to get through.

But really it depends on your priorities...what you want to do and what you don't really care about.

Which Hotel are you staying at, and what are your starting parks? What are your priorities?

Staying at Paradise Pier and have never been to the Star Wars area so that is a priority. The day we go to DCA we want to do webslingers and RSR. Not sure if its better to go to the main entrance to the new one for PP

So, if you are super excited to get into Galaxy's edge in the morning, hit one or two early entry attractions and then line up at the gate to big thunder trail by Red Rose Tavern and wait for Rope drop - then you can head to Rise of the Resistance, and then to Millennium Falcon, and explore before things get busy. You give up the best time to hit the rest of the park this way, but if GE is your main priority then you'll enjoy exploring and browsing the various shops, possibly even grab some food etc.

However, if you are ok with waiting, what I like to do is spend the morning going hard and fast at the rest of Disneyland. Use EE to knock out any Fantasyland attractions you want to do, and make use of Genie+ as the morning wears on to get most of the big attractions done. You can do quite a bit before noon, even on a busy day. Have lunch, then take a nice break, and schedule MFSR LL for around 4pm. Then come back to the park around 3 and head to GE and spend the afternoon/early evening exploring. If you want to spend on an ILL For ROTR, feel free - get a return time for early evening and go crazy. Otherwise, plan to hit it around 8pm (note this comes with a risk that if the attraction goes down in the evening, it may not come back up. However since it sounds like you have multiple days at DL gambling on your first day doesn't hurt too much) as the wait comes down quite a bit around this time. Somewhere in there join the walk up list at the cantina. If you want to build a light saber, you can make a reservation to do so - there is often availability day of. Not sure how the Droid situation is, but you can also do that stand-by so you don't need a res. Anyway, you can spend the afternoon/evening in GE and soak it all in before going off-world and catching any other stuff you didn't do earlier in the day. If you like the mobile gaming aspect, make sure you've got the latest version of the Play Disney app - there are mini games you can do and scavenger hunts of sorts that can be fun on the "Datapad." And of course, if you have Magic Bands, you can try the Bounty Hunter game.

Your mileage may vary - I just really like the energy of GE in the afternoon, even if it is a little crowded. But that's just me. Whatever you choose to do, I hope you have a great day tomorrow and that Rise stays up all day long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter