• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best order for family to link reservation, tix, My Disney Experience?

Tinkmom

DIS Veteran
I am only one who currently has a MDE account. My family wants me to handle ADRs, FP+ etc for all. Do I correctly understand that each (adult) person needs their own Disney account? Should each create their account and add their ticket (and room reservation?) THEN we link via friends and family? Or does it matter if I add all of that later, and they simply create an individual account?

For many years we were 2-3 times a year to WDW but haven't been in several years. It's a whole new ballgame! Thanks.

No, they don't need their own. You can just add them as friends/family on your account (which is easier if you are managing everything anyway).

You can do it all from your MDE account. Unless others really want/need their own accounts, it may be simpler to keep it all under yours. However, if you are talking about multiple family units, who may want to do things different from the group at times, then a separate MDE for each "unit" would allow each to do some of their own planning.

It really doesn't matter what order you link everything. Just have resort and tickets and any friends/family connections linked before the 60-day FP+ date.

Enjoy your vacation!

If you are managing everything and will continue to do so when you are onsite, I would just link everything to one MDE account.

Even if other family members want to do other things, I believe you can still manage FPs for those that are not with you. I wonder if someone can clarify if you already have 3 FPs, can you still make additional additional FPs for those that may not be on one (or all) of them separately? Likewise, can you make a conflicting ADR for others?

Every adult having their own account simplifies future trips. Then they can re-use their existing band if they want, and go from there. BUT, you can manage them yourself. As long as you made the bookings, you should be able to create "Managed by" accounts for each of them, and then you do it all. Upside, you can easily do all the bookings, and don't have to worry about other people possibly messing things up. Downside, you need to do all the bookings. If you try to get 4th FP+ (or modify existing) while in the park, you would need to do that for every single member of your family. They should be able to go to a kiosk and do it as well, but that's not as convenient. Either way works, just depends on how much work you want to do.

You should be able to make FP & ADRs for others (I believe it's still an option), just don't select yourself when making the booking. I know you used to as I would book one ride for myself, and another for my wife, and then we would each take a turn with our DS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter