Best park bag

We use a back pack to hold raincoats, autograph book with sharpies, snacks, sunglass cases, phone chargers, small items (contact solution, tissues etch).
What I've learned, my backpack has TOO MANY zippers. Security has to unzip and look in each section. (I actually unzip before I get to the table.) This just makes it take longer. We keep items inside the bag in clear ziplock baggies, this way security doesn't have to open up any additional pouches, they see everything that is in our bag. (this makes it go faster)

What would I look for now that I've gone to Disney a number of times. A smaller bag pack with good padded straps. A large single zipper section to put everything into. Most back packs also have a small zipper section on the very front. So 2 zippers max.

We also split up. One goes through the bag check, other parent and child go through the no bag line. The bag check lines would be shorter if people split up. You really don't ALL need to stand in the bag check line.
A longer line doesn't mean a longer wait.
The people standing there without bags aren't increasing wait time. Security doesn't spend any time with those guest, they walk right on by the table when the guest with the bag is done. So there is no harm.

LL BEAN stowaway Bag, Light, comfortable, perfect for the hot sunny florida environment. WE have had ours for 5 years now.
https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/86674?page=stowaway-day-pack

Thanks for posting this, this bag looks really great. I have a small packable backpack similar to this, but it doesn't have the sternum strap or padded straps and it gets really uncomfortable after a few hours. My normal park backpack is huge and can be a pain to deal with, but is more comfortable and I can carry it all day. This looks like a good compromise.

I prefer a small backpack so the weight is evenly distributed across my shoulders. I've had problems with neck and shoulder pain from carrying a bag on just one shoulder. I tried alternating which side I carried it on, but it didn't help. Finally switched to using a small backpack (at my doctor's recommendation) and I haven't had a problem since then. Loungefly is my favorite, although the side pockets aren't big enough on any of mine to hold a water bottle.
Have you tried a "Healthy Back Bag"? That's the name brand. It's amazing how the bag distributes the weight, and the details are so well thought out. I have the medium and use it all the time at home.
On sunny days I bring sun lotion too.
To make the sun lotion easier: Buy a pack of baby wipes, leave the package open and let them dry out. Mix a whole bottle of sun lotion with an equal amount of water, then pour it over the dried-out wipes. Now you have sunscreen lotion wipes, which you can carry in a small ziplock. No fears of leaking, easier than a bottle in the parks. Personally, I don't need a lot of sunscreen -- but in midsummer I bring a stick for my face.
No, not at all. They are designed by someone who does Run Disney events. They are game changers, as far as I'm concerned.
You can find similar items in athletic stores. They're often sold as "golf skorts" or sometimes "running shorts". But your brand is CUTE.

Have you tried a "Healthy Back Bag"? That's the name brand. It's amazing how the bag distributes the weight, and the details are so well thought out. I have the medium and use it all the time at home.
To make the sun lotion easier: Buy a pack of baby wipes, leave the package open and let them dry out. Mix a whole bottle of sun lotion with an equal amount of water, then pour it over the dried-out wipes. Now you have sunscreen lotion wipes, which you can carry in a small ziplock. No fears of leaking, easier than a bottle in the parks. Personally, I don't need a lot of sunscreen -- but in midsummer I bring a stick for my face.
You can find similar items in athletic stores. They're often sold as "golf skorts" or sometimes "running shorts". But your brand is CUTE.
I’ve tried mass market retail versions too. They don’t compare

Last edited:
LL BEAN stowaway Bag, Light, comfortable, perfect for the hot sunny florida environment. WE have had ours for 5 years now.
https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/86674?page=stowaway-day-pack

This is the one (older version) that we are using for our April trip! At first I didn’t appreciate the sternum strap but now I love it. The mesh side pockets are huge too!

And it’s super lightweight before you add in all of your stuff and souvenirs!

I’ve tried mass market retail versions too. They don’t compare
I don't know about that, but here are some details about the name-brand Healthy Back Bag:

- Available in several sizes; I have medium and think it's a nice size for most people.
- The strap is comfortable /a bit padded /adjustable.
- One large main pocket accessed with a zipper. You can "swing the back to the front" without removing it from your shoulder, and you can access the main pocket. Nothing spills when you do this.
- Inside the main pocket is a flat pocket that can hold a brochure or tickets.
- Inside the main pocket is a hook for your keys.
- On the left outside is a zippered pocket (I keep my large phone in that) and a flat pocket that can hold a brochure or an envelope /it closes with a magnet.
- On the right outside is a flap-covered pocket that closes with a magnet and another open pocket.
- On the back side is a skinny little pocket that I think is for sunglasses, but I never use that. My sunglasses are prescription, and I like to protect them a little more. If you had the large bag, this little pocket might be wide enough for a narrow water bottle.

It really is a very well thought-out bag. Mine's a tough rip-stop nylon. I know they come in leather too, but I suspect that'd be heavier. Even when it's full, the weight really is distributed so that it feels like nothing.

I don't know about that, but here are some details about the name-brand Healthy Back Bag:

- Available in several sizes; I have medium and think it's a nice size for most people.
- The strap is comfortable /a bit padded /adjustable.
- One large main pocket accessed with a zipper. You can "swing the back to the front" without removing it from your shoulder, and you can access the main pocket. Nothing spills when you do this.
- Inside the main pocket is a flat pocket that can hold a brochure or tickets.
- Inside the main pocket is a hook for your keys.
- On the left outside is a zippered pocket (I keep my large phone in that) and a flat pocket that can hold a brochure or an envelope /it closes with a magnet.
- On the right outside is a flap-covered pocket that closes with a magnet and another open pocket.
- On the back side is a skinny little pocket that I think is for sunglasses, but I never use that. My sunglasses are prescription, and I like to protect them a little more. If you had the large bag, this little pocket might be wide enough for a narrow water bottle.

It really is a very well thought-out bag. Mine's a tough rip-stop nylon. I know they come in leather too, but I suspect that'd be heavier. Even when it's full, the weight really is distributed so that it feels like nothing.
In talking about the skirts. That’s what you commented about in response to my post

i have a healthy back bag. I don’t carry it to the parks

I"ve tried all sorts of backpack styles and cross bodies. Settled on a fanny pack! No back pain at the end of the day. LOVE IT!

In talking about the skirts. That’s what you commented about in response to my post

i have a healthy back bag. I don’t carry it to the parks
Oh, I was confused. Still, I love my Healthy Back Bag so much I was happy to describe it for someone who might be considering it.
I"ve tried all sorts of backpack styles and cross bodies. Settled on a fanny pack! No back pain at the end of the day. LOVE IT!
Fanny packs are unquestionably practical -- but not the most attractive.

Incidentally, I was at the Vera Bradley outlet yesterday, and they now make a mini-backpack. Super cute, but about $100 (if you were paying full retail, which I hope none of you do). They also have some small-and-cute cross-bodies. I have a Mini-hipster in summer colors, which I enjoy very much.

No, not at all. They are designed by someone who does Run Disney events. They are game changers, as far as I'm concerned.
I think I'm going to invest in the their Gravity Board Shorts if can't find similar in UK. Much prefer pockets to a bag.

Incidentally, what thought is conjured up by a US person when a Brit says Bum Bag? Do you just automatically think Fanny Pack?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter