Best park for arrival day?

kassonvike

Mouseketeer
We are going Friday June 2 - Thursday June 8. For some reason the arrival day is the day I'm struggling with. We will be activating Sorcerer passes and our flight arrives around 12:30 and we will stay at Saratoga. My knee jerk reaction was to reserve MK as it is open the latest. I figured we'd get our passes, enter the park, and then just try and knock off a few rides that don't have huge lines. Maybe stay for the fireworks that night so during hte extended magic hours on Wed we can hit as many rides as possible and not worry about the fireworks show.

I'm also toying with trying to grab a virtual Q for either Tron or Guardians before we get on our plane but my guess is our VQ boarding time would come long before we could get to a park? My guess is we don't get to the park until 3 or 4?

Since you have an AP, you technically don't need to make a park reservation for Friday. At 2 you can go into any park on a Friday. You have a park hopper so you still can do fireworks at MK but go somewhere else for the first few hours of the day
If you go the VQ route it would have to be for Guardians. Tron is strict on their VQ times and Guardians has been reported they don't care when you arrive after your time gets called

Since you have an AP, you technically don't need to make a park reservation for Friday. At 2 you can go into any park on a Friday. You have a park hopper so you still can do fireworks at MK but go somewhere else for the first few hours of the day
If you go the VQ route it would have to be for Guardians. Tron is strict on their VQ times and Guardians has been reported they don't care when you arrive after your time gets called
Good to know on Guardians! Thanks. I think we are going to go to Epcot. Also a shorter bus ride from resort.

The other thing to keep in mind on arrival day is what time your day will begin. I try to keep this in mind as in the past I planned our day too full and we were pooched due to the early start required to catch our flight. That slip could make our first few days rough so now I try to keep that in mind.

We always do Epcot as our arrival day, as it’s our least favorite. That way, we feel like we’re missing less. This upcoming trip we’ll be getting in super late and are planning to have a pool day the next day to just relax a bit. We may do the after hours party that night as well, so wanted the rest to prepare to go all evening.

We always do Epcot on arrival day. It has the most dining choices, so we make a dinner reservation there. And there’s lots for us to do in the World Showcase, even if we’re not feeling like standing in ride lines.

I would probably do MK and make a 7ish reservation for dinner at Steakhouse 71. We are usually pretty tired on arrival day and can't stay out too late--so a few park hours and then a good meal is our usual plan.

.? I know WDW recently changed the Theme Park Pass Reservations but I think a reservation is still required to enter before 2 on Monday - Fridays . You are allowed to park hop after 2 weekdays only with out a reservation .. Subject to capacity, etc. but you must have park hopping ticket also .

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter