Best place in MK to settle down and give kids a nap?

Even though we stay on-site, we have never gone back to the hotel. Not saying we never will, but we don't plan to. The last trip my family went, my DD was 2 1/2 and DS was 6 months. My neices were 5 and 8. We always rested after lunch. We would find a nice shady spot for the parade and let the kids sleep in the stroller. By the time they woke up, it was almost parade time. This also allowed for the adults to take turns riding the big rides. It has always worked for us!

If you nap on Splash Mountain, you get that nice 'terrifying fall/thorough dousing' at the end to wake you up.

In WDW we stay onsite and go to the hotel, but when we visit DL were often staying far away, in LA or Pasadena, so we've had to let the nap happen there in the park. My daughter would just nap in the stroller, and boy, would she sleep a long time. I would hunt for a shady bench to sit for part of it, but sometimes the nap lasted three hours. It was great-- I think I visited every shop on Main Street and the Disney gallery. I meandered all over the park with that stroller waiting for her to wake up. It was tiring, but it was kind of great experiencing the park while ignoring the attractions.

Then when she woke up she'd last all the way through the 9:30 fireworks.

This probably doesn't help the OP, just reminiscing.

Very important....

Please don't let your kids nap - or even sit in the grass!

Two words : FIRE ANTS !!! As a CM once said to me after being bitten quite badly on the upper thighs by fire ants " Honey, you don't sit in the Grass in Florida"

Who Knew? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

The bites can be quite serious, Was bitten as an adult and it nearly ruined my vacation, almost had to go home...the burn is quite intense.

My then-2 yr old son napped in his stroller. I found the covered area near the entrance to Pirates of the Caribbean to be cool and fairly quiet. Plenty of benches to sit on and people watch.

I'm not sure, but I think I remember a covered porch with rocking chairs over near the Country Bears(??)

We have used the TTA to have a nap, and just keep going around - the CM's never have had a problem with this - did the same thing on Spaceship Earth as well

Thanks for the tip on the Main Street Hall - did not know that space even existed!

And of course, the Hall of Presidents is always good for a "shorter nap/rest"

Thanks
jaysue

My suggestion is the monorail. Just get you hand stamped and head out to the station. Try to find a car that is not too full (should not be hard mid day) and just ride as long as the kids will snooze. When they wake up you are right back at the MK. This might even work for the older ones that might not nap inside the park. I also like the TTA for a snooze and you rarely have to get off it either. Also a boat ride over the FW is a good idea as long as it's not too hot to nap under a tree outside. Dont' forget a blanket to lie on if you choose this option. You can store it in a locker at MK.

jordan's mom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter