best place to buy SCAL?

angelmom

Mouseketeer<br><font color=green>Those brads were
I have the cricut expression and the gypsy, but I miss having the flexibility I have on my wishblade (but like the 12 x 12 size) So I think I should get SCAL, is this better than the software that they sell for the cricut (can't remember the name, but I think you still have to buy cartridges) What's the best place to get SCAL and should I buy the cd also or just get the download? Thanks!

I :lovestruc:lovestruc SCAL. Definitely more versatile and flexible than CDS (Cricut Design Studio - which, yes, requires cartridges to use.)

I would just buy it directly from its own website (craftedge.com). Sometimes there are coupon codes floating out there, but I haven't seen one lately. And just download it - there is no need for a CD.

I :lovestruc:lovestruc SCAL. Definitely more versatile and flexible than CDS (Cricut Design Studio - which, yes, requires cartridges to use.)

I would just buy it directly from its own website (craftedge.com). Sometimes there are coupon codes floating out there, but I haven't seen one lately. And just download it - there is no need for a CD.

Ditto what she said! I :lovestruc SCAL!

I got mine on CraftEdge too. Check out www.svgcuts.com for free files though! Leo and Mary are the best!

I bought mine through www.svgcuts.com

It didn't seem to be any more expensive than the craftedge website and I wanted to support them since they have such awesome tutorials. Whether or not you buy from them I would definately check out their video tutorials, very helpful.

Does it work okay with the Gypsy? I seriously could not scrap without my G!

No, it doesn't work with the Gypsy. It is it's own computer program. It is *like* the Gypsy in that you set up images on your mat and then cut them out.

Download the trial and play with it...It's fun :)

I got mine at CraftEdge too. I had found a coupon code. Don't know if one is still out there but usually the ladies on the forum know about it, if there is.

Thanks everyone. I will look at those sites.

So has anyone had any problems with SCAL locking up your Cricut? I know way back when, there was a lot of buzz with it causing the cricut machine to freeze and because you used SCAL it negated the warrenty on the machine. :confused3

So has anyone had any problems with SCAL locking up your Cricut? I know way back when, there was a lot of buzz with it causing the cricut machine to freeze and because you used SCAL it negated the warrenty on the machine. :confused3

Nope no problems here. I've even updated the firmware and used the gypsy and SCAL with no problems.

Can anyone tell me how to "update my firmware"? My cricut is version 1.0. Thanks :) Never mind--asked & answered on another thread :)

So I checked out Craft Edge...there is the price for the download and the CD...does the CD allow it to be downloaded to multiple machines?

You don't need the CD. Once they update it, it's obsolete anyway. You can install it on two machines, with or without the CD. I have it on my laptop and my desktop.

I have never needed the cd for any reason, just an extra expense.

I would encourage you to buy it through a retailer as they get a cut of the sales. Why not help someone out if you can, right? doesn't cost anymore and it just sends you back to the mfg anyway.

I love my scal and use it all the time. I need to get more active in scal forums or something so I can get more free images...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter