• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best place to buy Trip Insurance

Aurora410

Mouseketeer
Where is the best place to purchase trip insurance? I have a package booked for Aug 27 to Sept 2 at AKL. I didn't purchase insurance through Disney. I always have, is there a way I can add it now? Should I look elsewhere?

TIA
Theresa

Insure my trip dot com. Check the coverage your credit card may have. Chase Sapphire Reserve, for example, has great coverage and only a portion of the trip has to be paid for using it.

Insure my trip dot com. Check the coverage your credit card may have. Chase Sapphire Reserve, for example, has great coverage and only a portion of the trip has to be paid for using it.

We buy here often. I have the Chase Sapphire Preferred card and I know it provides some coverage but I like that IMT offers plans that include "cancel for work reasons". Now that our sick & vacation hours are combined in 1 bank at my job, if I ever have an accident or extended illness shortly before a trip, it could wipe out my bank and even if I felt ok to travel, I wouldn't be allowed to have off if I don't have time in my bank to cover it. They also offer "cancel for any reason" but I don't really need that.
I also like how easy they make it to compare coverage & costs of a variety of policies.

Where is the best place to purchase trip insurance? I have a package booked for Aug 27 to Sept 2 at AKL. I didn't purchase insurance through Disney. I always have, is there a way I can add it now? Should I look elsewhere?

TIA
Theresa

Can't you cancel even a couple of days before the trip and get most of your money back?

I usually use Allianz. They seem to be fairly reputable, but I haven't compared their prices with insuremytrip's prices.

I thought Reserve would only cover portion paid with the card. If this is right, great. I didn't get mine until part of an upcoming trip had been paid.

I generally use insuremytrip.com also. Squaremouth.com does pretty much the same thing.

On the first, I click all the reasonably priced plans to compare. Then deselect one by one based on what is impirtant to me. Then when I have one left, I purchase

I thought Reserve would only cover portion paid with the card. If this is right, great. I didn't get mine until part of an upcoming trip had been paid.
No. I called and asked. You have full coverage so long as a portion of your cruise in my case is paid with CSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter