Best place to carb load before 1/2 marathon?

Meldev

DIS Veteran
Looking for suggestions on property.... maybe in DHS, or Disney Springs.

Thanks!

I’m a big fan of late morning Boma breakfast. Can’t get enough of the plantains and praline French toast!

What do you usually eat at home before a long training run? That will go a long way to helping us give options!

You shouldn't need to carb load to run a half marathon.

If you just eat normal healthy meals in the days before your race your body should be able to store enough glycogen to get you through the race. Just take some Clif Shots or something with you during the race.

I’ve never run a big race - I’m a novice, my good friend is experienced and my trainer on this so to speak - she said, make a reservation where we can eat pasta!

I’ve never run a big race - I’m a novice, my good friend is experienced and my trainer on this so to speak - she said, make a reservation where we can eat pasta!
My advice to you would be "Nothing new on race day" (or the night before.) When you are training, try eating a "carbo load" style meal the night before your long run, so you can see how your body will handle it.
I know a lot of people who don't like eating a carb-heavy meal the night before the race, they prefer to eat it for lunch the day before or even two nights before.

My advice to you would be "Nothing new on race day" (or the night before.) When you are training, try eating a "carbo load" style meal the night before your long run, so you can see how your body will handle it.
I know a lot of people who don't like eating a carb-heavy meal the night before the race, they prefer to eat it for lunch the day before or even two nights before.
Yeah, if you aren't used to long runs, you might be revisiting dinner during the run.

Can anyone suggest a carb loading friendly QS in AK? Also, I did not find looking at menus but is there a cart whereI could get a baked potato in AK? TIA

Can anyone suggest a carb loading friendly QS in AK? Also, I did not find looking at menus but is there a cart whereI could get a baked potato in AK? TIA

Nothing QS comes to mind, except for maybe Pizzafari, but Yak n Yeti TS would be a good choice. Their food is awesome and you could load up lo mein or fried rice or any of the other wonderful dishes they have

Be careful. Stick with foods your body is used to eating during training, or you'll be spending time in porta-potties!

You shouldn't need to carb load to run a half marathon.

If you just eat normal healthy meals in the days before your race your body should be able to store enough glycogen to get you through the race. Just take some Clif Shots or something with you during the race.

That’s not necessarily true. If you’re out there over 2 hours, you probably can’t store enough glycogen. I’ve run 9 half marathons and I certainly need to prep more and eat more during the run.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter