Best Place to Eat

EnchantedRoses

Earning My Ears
So this Sept/Oct will be our 2nd Family trip to Universal. Last year was our first full Universal Vacation & a much needed break from Disney (we LOVE Disney....but it was starting to lose it's magic!)

I tried to do as much research as I could as far as where to eat and which snacks we should get, but it being our first time there, we ate at the first place we would find when we were hungry! We did the usual burgers, pizza and chicken fingers. We drank loads of Butterbeer & butterbeer ice cream! My son ate his weight in Dippin dots (no idea why!) and we enjoyed quite a few doughnuts at Voodoo Doughnuts.

We did have a wonderful, delicious meal at Vivo for my birthday and may go back there again.

What I am looking for is what are your favorite places to either eat, or your favorite snack or drink. If you have pictures of said snacks that would be great. It can be in either of the 3 parks or City Walk.

At the parks we love Louie’s pizza. At Doc Sugrues desert kabob house everything there is incredible! The Dagwood sandwich at blondes is good. If you enjoy dole whip at Disney, menchie’s at city walk has it.
The Dagwood is the one sandwich I would not get there. It's premade where all the other ones are made to order.

We always eat at Toothsome at least once. The fried chicken platter at Circus McGurkus is good and a relative bargain. The Jacket Potatoes near the Knight Bus are great snacks. Confiscos and NBC Grill are a safe bet.

Favorite place I go to when I want to do a sit down meal, relax, and have a big meal is Hard Rock Cafe, love the atmosphere and the food.

In the WWoHP, I'd vote as The Three Broomsticks as a personal favorite, like the menu, resembles more on what you see on the screen, and also has Hog's Head in it with the AA.

Quick Service for USF, I say Simpsons Fast Food Blvd (it's decent and there is variety), for IoA, I say Thunder Falls Terrance (like the BBQ and the portions are good for sharing).

Unfortunately, I'm not at a home computer, or on my phone so I cannot send photos, but a personal favorite drink is Pumpkin Juice, as oppose to the usual favorite of everyone else, which is Butter Beer.

My kids love Cowfish in Citywalk, especially the High Class Hillbilly. Great burgers and shakes.

In US, we enjoy the food in Springfield. Bumblebee Mans taco truck has some really tasty options. The burgers and Ribwich (pulled pork sandwich) are very good.

In IOA, we like 3 Broomsticks for ribs and chicken (many similar entrees are available at Thunderfalls Terrace).

We are looking forward to trying Toothsome this next trip.

Great ideas above, but I would throw in there a consideration for the onsite hotels. Sal's Marketplace at PBH has the best pizza on site and very affordable! A quick boat trip from City Walk. Also, there is fantastic sushi at Royal Pacific.

We snack in the parks, the only sit down we do is Confisco Grill. We go through many, many Big Pink Donuts - even buy some to take on the plane home in our carry on. We hit Simpsons food court, Louies, and other quick service to buy 2 combo meals and share between the 4 of us.

I have many posts raving about the breakfast buffets at the hotels, so I will give them a nod again. We eat a huge breakfast, snack during the day (drinking more than we eat - summer heat!), then have dinner, usually at Sal's or on City Walk. Huge fans of Hard Rock and VIVO - we will try Toothsome on our next visit.

Thanks so much for all these suggestions!!! I am looking at Menus and making a list!! lol.

I know I have a couple of months to go, but I love researching and planning!

Another question I have is: Has anyone done the Minion Breakfast Buffet??

My 6 year old LOVES the Minions and since will be taking the older one to HHN (one night with me, one night with dad), I wanted to find something cool for him.

Thanks - and can't wait to read more recommendations!

Yes, the minion breakfast is incredible! We loved it! We’ve eaten at every restaurant on property and in the parks, been going for 16 years now. All the breakfast buffets at the resorts are great. The Palm and Bice are the best meals we’ve ever had. Jakes has very good food and so fun. The only place we won’t go back to is Toothsome. We’ve had very bad luck there on numerous occasions. From average to horrible,cold food. The milkshakes we’ve gotten were thin and one time hot and melted. Too many great places to take another chance there.

We had a GREAT time at the Toothsome Chocolate Emporium! Such unique options and fun theming. The chocolate creme brûlée was SO good!

Weeks prior to my trips, I pull up the website to check for any menu changes

I have favorites I hit each trip as long as they still have a current menu that includes my stand by meals

I probably do a lot less of burger and fries meals during my stay but if i go to HRC, that is my burger place

So many deliciously and affordable foods and favorite stand bys I take in

I stay onsite for just over two weeks and do a lot of eating

In the parks, each trips I hit Louie’s for the pizza and salad dish
Simpson’s I do a few times for the ribwitch and clogger burger
Blondes for the fresh subs and potato salad
Mytho depends on the present menu
Only have a small number of places I avoid

Go to city walk for my favorites each trip
Rpr enjoy the breakfast buffet and at least one evening at Islands
Jake is a decent stand by for later evening after I leave the parks
They do switch out their menu seasonally

A few in Citywalk I return to each visit

Half the fun for me is eating when at UO vacations

We had a GREAT time at the Toothsome Chocolate Emporium! Such unique options and fun theming. The chocolate creme brûlée was SO good!

I think it must be one of those hit or miss kind of places.

The first time we went every thing was great. We talked about it lots. Could hardly wait to get back so we could do it again.

The second time was not so great. In fact no one wanted to even go there on our last trip. We walked right past it and I asked if anyone wanted to give it another try. Everyone shook their head no and kept walking.

Frankly, I would have been willing to give it another shot, but I didn't want to go by myself.

Vivo is our absolute favourite. This is always a must do for us. Looking forward to trying Toothsome this time also. It looks pretty good. None of our family liked Leaky Cauldron or 3 Broomsticks. We've tried each of them twice and were less than impressed by the food each time. However, the theming is great and we will probably try them again because we are taking dd's boyfriend who hasn't been before. The rest of us would definitely be happy to miss them.

I liked Mythos the best. Toothsome was a bit of a letdown frankly. We did get a picture with the Robot, but it wasn't overly exciting for the kids, they liked hardrock better and pretty much everywhere else. Margaritaville had a balloon person when we went. The kids had a blast at the Simpsons food court. My son has already requested we go back to that when we go again. We managed to do that the last day of our trip last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter