• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best place to get a birthday cake?

daddyscooltv

Mouseketeer
Hi all, we will be staying at BCV from Sept. 3-9 and will be celebrating DD 6th birthday while we are there. I don't know where I can get a cake from. Is there away to get a cake from somewhere at the Beach Club or does beaches and cream do anything for birthdays?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

We celebrated my daughter's 7th birthday in July at BCV. She loved the mickey cake we got from the Boardwalk Bakery - about $25-30. There is also a cake available from room service.
::MinnieMo

We also bought the Mickey cake from the Boardwalk bakery. It was a little small for the money, but I was happy that I went ahead and splurged. It looked great in the pictures. The cake was yummy!

Thanks for the suggestions!!! Did you have to order the cake from the Boardwalk bakery in advance and were you able to get any names put on it?

Thanks,
Chris

We celebrated my DD18's friends birthday when we were last down and bought the cake from the Boardwalk Bakery. We just went with the small cake. I was told that some of the cakes are made in advance so it is real easy for them to add a name. Some of the cakes you will have to order. Just stop by and ask them shortly after you arrive. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

We celebrated DS's birthday at the BCV just last week. I ordered the "Celebration Fest" from room service. It was a cake, balloons, hats, streamers, and noise makers. The brought a table cloth, four glass plates, forks, and a knife.

The cake that comes with the package is chocolate, but DS doesn't like chocolate, so I asked for white with white. The cake was beautiful. It was an 8" white cake with a creamy vanilla filling. It had a whip cream frosting with a layer of white chocolate hardened over it. There were blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and a huge strawberry on top. Happy Birthday was scrolled in light chocolate. The cake was absolutely delicious!

I ordered it so it would be in the room when we arrived back from the pool. They had the table all set up and the look on DS's face was priceless. He believes that it came from Mickey because I told him it was his b'day. They need about 45 minutes to an hour notice. The package was $29.99, tax, tip, etc., it ended up being $40. It was quite a bit, but worth every bite!

Celebrated DD's 4th in May princess: . We went to 1900 Park Fair and had a cake delivered to the table by Cindy herself. Very nice! It was a great cake too. Chocolate Mousse Cake. It was also around 25 dollars. We had 8 people there and couldn't finish it. It was a big cake.

In January for DS's 8th birthday, I ordered a cake from the GF bakery & it was delivered to the table when we had lunch at the GF Cafe. DS was quite surprised, they also gave him a "gold" crown with "jewels" in it & they announced our little prince's birthday. They did a beautiful job on the cake; it was an 8" for $25.00, chocolate cake, custard filling and chocolate ganache icing. The neatest touch was that happy birthday was written in dark chocolate on an "aged" white chocolate scroll on the top of the cake & we still have it in our refrigerator.

For DD's 19th birthday in June, I ordered her cake from the Boardwalk Bakery. It was again an 8" for $25.00; this time it was white cake with fresh strawberries & custard & whipped cream icing. She's a Tinkerbell fan & when I ordered it, I requested a Tinkerbell cake & they did a great job. DD's cake wasn't a surprise, but she loved it just the same!

I'd say you can't go wrong with either GF or Boardwalk, they were both wonderful & delicious!

:cake: :cheer2:

We celebrated a birthday at Beaches and cream for a friend of my daughter.
(we got the kitchen sink that time) They brought her a ballon and came out and sang. She was 11 and loved it. (i think the Kitchen sink is only like $22 and will feed maybe 6-8 people. We had 2 A, 2 J and put a healthy dent in it but no way we could finish it.... :mickeybar

The Boardwalk Bakery has excellent cakes. You can order a day in advance.

My twin boys will be turning 3 years old while we are in Disney in October. My wife and I are trying to figure something to do for them. I like the idea that Alexander posted, but will they do that in SSR, or is it only the DVC villas attached to a hotel?

Any suggestions on where to go?

just the once :rotfl: :rotfl:
goofyforlife said:
We celebrated a birthday at Beaches and cream for a friend of my daughter.
(we got the kitchen sink that time) They brought her a ballon and came out and sang. She was 11 and loved it. (i think the Kitchen sink is only like $22 and will feed maybe 6-8 people. We had 2 A, 2 J and put a healthy dent in it but no way we could finish it.... :mickeybar

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter